Potty Training

C'mon Ladies

The 3 day training program is $24.00, that is three trips to fast food....  How would like if someone quit paying you at your job because the company didn't make any money that day!!!  The way everyone was asking for it I thought it was like a $100 program...

Re: C'mon Ladies

• I posted something very similar the other day. Well basically stating that people were pretty much stealing from her by having it emailed to them for free. And doing it very publicly. Got absolutely no response.

And I did purchase it 2 years ago. Worth every penny. :)

• imagefredalina:
    i just wish this board weren't the "Please email me 3dpt" board and had actual tips and advice about potty learning.  i have felt a little lost.

I would have to agree with this.  

• Loading the player...
  • Libraries and book swaps shouldn't exist either.
  • imagesilvurturtle:
    Libraries and book swaps shouldn't exist either.

A library or book swap isn't the same thing though is it?  Because the 3dpt is an e-book, every time you email it to somebody you are, in fact, creating a new and unauthorized copy.  With a library, you borrow the same copy and return the same copy.  While you have it in your possession, the library (or your friend, if you're doing a book swap) does not still possess that copy.  It isn't being remade/reprinted/reproduced.   This woman's business is her e-book and her mentoring program.  By emailing out that PDF you are reproducing her work because the person you email it to gets the copy, but you also still have that copy on your hard drive - so by clicking "send" you've republished her work and made a second, unauthorized copy.  So it isn't being "borrowed" because the person you emailed it to isn't taking your only copy and then giving it back.  Do you see the difference?  Emailing that pdf out to friends, family and strangers for their own personal use is in fact copyright infringement and the stealing of intellectual property.  And that is wrong.  It is no different than purchasing pirated copies of movies and songs over the internet.

And I'm with Fred - I'd appreciate a greater variety of advice posts and not just the "email me 3dpt" posts.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesilvurturtle:
    Libraries and book swaps shouldn't exist either.

You can't seriously be arguing that getting a book from the library (where I'd imagine the author has given their consent for the library to shelf their books) is the same as emailing around a eBook where the author explicitly states that is against the terms of use. 

• Do you *really* think that document is worth 24 dollars? Most people can type out a paraphrase of it in the matter of minutes.
  • imageSmores730:
    Do you *really* think that document is worth 24 dollars? Most people can type out a paraphrase of it in the matter of minutes.

Whether she charges $5 or $24 is immaterial to the point.  She owns a copyright for that document.  Therefore, copying it in any way shape or form (to include electronic transmissions) without her express written permission is, in fact, illegal.  Plain and simple.  And really, what you're paying for is her mentoring.  When you pay for the document, you have access to communicate with her and she can be a mentor through the potty training process. I haven't used her mentoring, but if I find myself in a problem it could come in handy.  It is nice to know that she's available.

• I think the 24 dollars is material to the point. I think ya'll are so self righteous about the situation cause you're butt hurt you spent 24 dollars on it unlike everyone else and know it's a rip off. Have fun with your potty mentoring lol.

• imageSmores730:

I think the 24 dollars is material to the point. I think ya'll are so self righteous about the situation cause you're butt hurt you spent 24 dollars on it unlike everyone else and know it's a rip off. Have fun with your potty mentoring lol.

We are butt hurt? Not quite sure what this means, but I love that people are justifying stealing. So by your line of reasoning, if things are overpriced and in your opinion not worth the cost, you should be able to just take them? Do you carry this over to food, clothing, etc?

If you don't think it is worth $24 then don't buy it. Plain and simple. Find a book that you do think is worth it or develop your own method of potty training.

• imageSmores730:

I think the 24 dollars is material to the point. I think ya'll are so self righteous about the situation cause you're butt hurt you spent 24 dollars on it unlike everyone else and know it's a rip off. Have fun with your potty mentoring lol.

Oh FFS.  I'm not butt hurt at all.  I spent the $24 willingly and freely and don't miss it one iota.  As a published author, I understand how wrong it is to steal somebody's copyrighted work no matter the price.  If you don't want to spend $24 then don't.  Plain and simple.  But don't try to justify stealing just because the document in question is electronic and not a hard copy (you wouldn't walk into Borders or Barnes and Noble and just take a book off their shelves and walk out the front door because it cost too much and everything in the book could be paraphrased in a few minutes anyway, would you?).  And don't try to make it okay by claiming those of us who did shell out the money are bitter over it.

• Looks like it is time for a bump in this message.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"