South Florida Babies

Schools

Hi! I will be moving to Miami over the summer and I am looking for great schools. I would prefer public if it is good but I can also go catholic. What areas have great schools? Thanks!

Re: Schools

• If you go to Dadeschools.net they should have the ratings. Look for the A schools. Off the top of my head, some of the best elementary schools are Pinecrest Elementary, Sunset Elementary, Calusa Elementary, Kendale Elementary. Most of the schools in Kendall, Pinecrest and Coral Gables are great schools, especially at the elementary level.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • there are good schools almost everywhere it depends on where you're looking to live. 

I grew up in north east dade county and went to catholic school - St Rose from k-8, it's a great school. In that area is also Miami Country Day School, Cushman, and DOctors Charter School, all are very good and all are schools that I would send my daughter to.

There are good schools in other areas too - in Broward there's nativity, University School that I can think of off the top of my head. Then further south in Miami - Pinecrest, Gulliver.

Do you have an idea of what area you're going to be looking at? 

image image

• Loading the player...
  • Is there a particcular area in Miami you are relocating to? Coral Gables Elementary has great ratings. And the schools the PP mentioned do as well. If you want to research Catholic, you have St. Hugh in Cocunut Grove, Epiphany in South Miami, St. Theresa in Coral Gables. There are more catholic schools  in other areas but those are the ones I am more familiar with. You may also want to take a look at charter schools in the area such as Somerset.   And applications for most schools for the 2011-2012 school year are already being taken so if you are looking for this school year, I recommend you act swiftly as good schools are highly competitive in the area! Good luck with the process!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Cutler Bay seems to be a location we're very interested in. I heard about Palmetto Bay but not sure we can find a house in that particular area that we are looking for. Is Cutler Bay and the schools a nice area?
  • Sorry, I do not have any suggestions for Miami schools, as I am a Broward/Palm Beach girl.  However, I see that you are in the Philly area, is a job making you move or is it the area? 

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • There are some areas of CUtler Bay that are very iffy, make sure that you check it out in person. Also, it's very far from "Miami" it's about a 45 minute drive from downtown, not sure if that's an issue for you, depending on work. Palmetto Bay is nice, but same issue with distance. 
    image image

• Thanks everyone! DH got a job at the university with the football program so that's why we are relocating. He is there now so we're just starting to search for good schools/neighborhoods nearby for the kids and I to hopefully move at the end of the school year.
  • Try South Miami and  Coral Gables, they are close to the school and are nice areas to live and have good schools. Also Pinecrest is nice but may be pricier. Hope to see you on the boards more often :)  
    image image

• If you will be close to the UM main campus then Coral Gables, South Miami, and West Miami are very nice areas. Most of the schools I mentioned above are in these areas. Good luck!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Pinecrest area is great!  It's south Miami, I don't know exactly where you're looking.  My inlaws are down there and my husband went to school in that area, K-12.  It's a great neighborhood.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"