Florida Babies
Options

have first prenatal appt this week...what to expect?

My first appointment is this week and Im nervous...any advice on what to expect!

Re: have first prenatal appt this week...what to expect?

• Options

This pretty much goes into great depth of what you can expect.

https://www.babycenter.com/0_your-first-prenatal-visit_9344.bc

• Options

At my first appointment which was around 8 weeks I they weighed me, did tons of blood work and did an internal exam. I wasnt sure if my insurance covered the cistic fibrosis and sequential screen tests so I held off on those until my 12 week appointment. They also had me fill out a bunch of forms and go over the insurance stuff with the doctors office.

At my 12 week appointment they drew blood for the cistic fibrosis test and sequential screen test. They also did a sonogram and then the doctor went over my blood test results from my first visit and asked if i had any questions to which i of course did. haha

What doctor are you going to?

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the info that helps! I am going to Womens Care of Florida in westchase :)
  • Options

Depends on the doctor and your insurance. My first official appointment (9 weeks) they did an ultrasound. All you could see was the flicker from the heartbeat but it was amazing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    imageKimL84:

Depends on the doctor and your insurance. My first official appointment (9 weeks) they did an ultrasound. All you could see was the flicker from the heartbeat but it was amazing.

Ditto, although they did the transvaginal ultrasound to date my pregnancy (my cycles were irregular, so my LMP wasn't much help). You could always call and ask what to expect for the first appointment - some offices only do medical history/blood and urine tests, others do an ultrasound, etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"