Texas Babies
Options

Daycare/ Babysitting Help

I wanted to post on here and see if anyone has any suggestions/ knows anyone that could help.

I work a typical M-F 8to 5:30 job. But I also have some nights and wekends because I work in a hotel.

My DH works nights hi shifts change. Typically he goes in 3 to11 or 4 to 12. SOmetimes he doesn't go in until 7pm. He also gets 3 or 4 days off soemtimes.

I need help finding either a flexible daycare, or someone that would come to our house to watch our little one. Fo example this week if I would have been at work we would only have needed someone for 3 hours total. Other weeks it will be more maybe 3 days for like 3 hours.

Any suggestions? I don't want to pay $200 a week for daycare when we just don't need it for all those hours?

Re: Daycare/ Babysitting Help

• Options
    Honestly, I think it's going to be hard to find one person who would be that flexible.  I think you'll need to have several people as options. We found our nanny through a website called care.com. The caregivers can say they're available for "Care on call." This is for different schedules or times when you're regular caregiver can't make it. Maybe you could find several different people that would be able to cover the different times you'd need them.
  • Options
    I have a new baby, he is actually ten weeks old today. I will not be going back to work for awhile and was looking to watch children in the upcoming months just to bring in a little cash here and there. I only wanted to watch one, two at the most since my two 1/2 month old is still very time consuming and needy.  I am 29 years old have been a retail manager and full time student. Other than that when I was first out of highschool and in college I worked in a daycare for a few years. Also, the entire time I was pregnant I left my position as a Retail Manager due to the high stress levels and I was a nanny for a family of five children. I also have references from the family.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"