Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Easter bunny question

I know it's early, I was only thinking about this because of those Dr Pepper commercial where the characters argue who is most believable...

Do your kids believe in the Easter Bunny?  I'm sort of confused by the big dress up bunnies.. is that something a preschooler would go see?  I'm not even sure how to explain that one.  

Are you guys doing easter baskets from the easter bunny?

I totally don't remember what I did as a kid.  I remember the baskets but not who the stuff was supposed to be from.  My mom never brought me to see the bunny.

Re: Easter bunny question

• Options
    We made an executive decision last year to not do the Easter Bunny. DD gets a basket, but it's from Mom & Dad. I don't know if it's a good reason, but I just couldn't see myself explaining to DD in a straight face that a giant bunny delivers chocolate eggs. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I took my son to see the Easter bunny last year.  I know that all of the Holidays have morphed into really weird traditions, but I think it is fun to talk about where they come from and what they can mean for us.  We will talk about lent this year and how we go without for awhile and then celebrate new life on Easter Sunday.  Probably won't talk about fertility just yet with the bunnies, but I think we can talk about eggs bring us baby chicks to talk about new life being celebrated in the Spring. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we do the Easter basket and sort of half-heartedly the Easter bunny.  I don't emphasize it at all. 

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options
    Gosh I loved the Easter Bunny, Santa, St. Nick, Tooth Fairy when I was little (still wish I did) and I believe that my DD will too.  When I was little it was a big deal with all the hoilday characters.  This is what we did when we were little.  The Easter bunny would come at night and hide our baskets and would leave bunny trails(jelly beans) on the window sills, tables, on top of the t.v. this way we knew he came and we wouldn't look for our baskets until after church(My dad was a farmer and he wanted to see us find our baskets, my Mom made a distraction from finding the baskets with the bunny trails) anyway, we loved it and I am doing that with my DD.  We also go on the big city wide Easter basket hunt through our town and meet the BIG easter bunny.  I personally think it is silly to let your childs hopes down if they believe in something and I know that my DD does believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa and anything else.  Its call BEING A KID!!!!! IMHO
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"