Pre-School and Daycare

school am's versus non school am's

I find myself wanting to strangle my 2.5 year old on the days when he does not go to school.  A huge part of it that is gets whiny and cranky right as I am putting my baby down and I feel stressed out about trying to help both of them. 

In general the days when he does not go to school are much harder between when daddy leaves and the baby goes down.  I wish i could find the right thing for him to do at that time to keep him engaged.  (other than 2 hours of tv!!!)

Re: school am's versus non school am's

• My 2 1/2 old loves play-doh or really any other craft.. coloring, etc.  It will keep him entertained for quite some time.

I would also suggest rotating his toys- once a week or so bring out 1/3 or so of his toys he hasn't seen in awhile.  Put away the ones he's been playing with currently.  That really helps at our house.  It's like Christmas all over again.

• Are you talking about non school days in general (why just morning)?

I feel like I go nuts on non-school days too.  I don't know how old your baby is, but in the beginning it was tough for me too, because it was hard to get out with the baby.

Now, I just try to get out of the house - even if it is just a trip to CVS.  I do most of the chores so we stay busy.  I have also been doing some story times at the library.  The key is just really getting out of the house.  Also there are a lot of cheap craft kits at Michaels (Joanns doesn't seem to have as many).  Like little wood and ceramic cheapo things to paint or color, beads, etc.  The only thing is, you probably need to help him with them, so maybe during baby's naptime..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"