South Florida Babies

Contractions ?

Tell/describe to me what yours felt like.  Yesterday when I went to the doctor to talk about the pressure I was feeling, it was explained to me that I was feeling early contractions.  Strong pressure is not what I had imagined.  I know everyone is different, but describe to me what yours felt like....TIA!!!

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
It's Beshert

Re: Contractions ?

• Pressure on my actual stomach is how I would describe contractions. A tightening, pressure, etc. I had always heard them described as a bad tummy ache but in my experience it was more of a pressure where my belly tightened up and I got short of breath.

Of course, I did not go into active labor and I hear that once you are in active labor the feeling is a different ball of wax altogether.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • my strong contractions felt like I was going to DIE -lol and the "medium" ones felt like heavy period cramps!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had back labor, so mine felt like a burning sensation across my lower back, tightening of my muscles, and menstrual cramp across my lower back all at once.  I knew they were contractions because the feeling would occur and be very uncomfortable, then ease to nothing, then occur again at even intervals. I never experienced any pain in my stomach or extreme pressure down there.
  • Ditto V! When I was in preterm labor and even with my non-productive contractions they felt like period cramps where my belly would tighten and then relax. When I was induced and had REAL contractions....holy hell. When they say you can't talk during a real contraction they aren't kidding.
  • Actually, to clarify, I didn't feel any pain in my stomach or pressure down there until I was in active labor, which you definitely have no doubt you are in when it happens. It is the worst agony you can experience. Early labor is a little tricky, but once the contrations because regular you will know you are in it.
  • I had what Mel had - the tightening at the top of my belly and tightness in my chest.  That was most of the time.  When they were painful it was just that, pain.  I kind of felt it everywhere in my belly.  I had contractions since about 30 weeks.  When I was induced they got stronger but still the same feeling.  I didn't really think they were like period cramps, b/c when I get cramps they are always very low in my pelvis, the contractions were higher up and more spread out. 
    image image

• I've been feeling preassure down there for quite a few weeks now. I don't think I've had any contractions though. ;-( Wish I was..

I guess you and I will find out soon enough what they really feel like!

• i felt constipated. and then it was like a tightening. almost like she was getting in a weird position, but it hurt badly!! they were pretty intense for the 6 days leading up to the delivery. the nurses said they were BH, but i know they weren't, cause my contrax the day i delivered were exactly the same, just maybe a little stronger! no idea how i walked around like that for a week! it was torture!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"