Military Families
Options

Tricare Standard question

I just dropped my civilian health insurance last month and now I'm on Tricare Standard. Do you get insurance cards with Tricare that way you get with other insurance companies? My DH isn't sure since all of his stuff is military so they already know his info but my DD and I are going to dr's off post and I'm sure I'm going to have to fill out insurance info on their forms that's going to ask for claim addresses, phone numbers, id number, etc. How does it work for Tricare standard?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tricare Standard question

• Options
    Your Military ID is your insurance card.
  • Options

imagemysticl:

This, and your sponsor's social is your claim/policy number. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just a suggestion: Double check that they put his SSN as the policy number... Our pedi's office didn't and it's a HUGE headache right now.  GL!
  • Options
    Great, thanks ladies!
  • Options

imagemysticl:

Yes, on your ID card it will say on the back what military services you qualify for one will be medical. Also if i may suggest switching to Prime. If you use prime you will have priority on military installation hospitals and doctors and pharmacies at ABSOLUTELY NO COST TO YOU!!! It is my personal preference, everyone is different. I you want the ability to choose your own doctor and pay co-pay and pay for prescriptions out in town then stay standard. But the less money you spend on the Dr. the more you can save for bills and family. 

imageimage
  • Options
    imagetheaustins05:

I you want the ability to choose your own doctor and pay co-pay and pay for prescriptions out in town then stay standard.. 

I'm very picky on dr's and the only reason I go when I have to now is because I like the ones I have. They aren't local so I can only do standard. DH understands it's going to cost us more but he also knows how important it is for me to have good relationships with my dr's so he's ok with it.

• Options
    I was on prime with my first pregnancy and switched over to standard with this pregnancy.  The difference between the military dr/hospitals and civilian dr/hospitals is night and day.  I love my civilian dr and love that I got to pick who I was going to see.  Also paying for prescriptions/ drs appointments is not a huge deal to us at all, and gives me great peace of mind and less anxiety.  I will keep myself and baby on standard after baby is born. I love being an individual person and having access to my dr without having to wait at least 72 hours to hear back from him. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have standard and haven't had any co pays my whole pregnancy also Tricare told me the coverage would be the same. Maybe its different in different regions idk.
    Sarah BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"