Blended Families
Options

more bday party

Ex invited me to DS's bday part at his house...not sure if I should go. I like his gf a lot and have spent some time with them at her son's football games, etc but not sure if it'd be weird to go. Ex won't be coming to DS's party that I'm planning with his school friends (by choice) but this is ex's year for the "actual" day though he will only have him for part of it by our agreement.

So...would you go? Or let them just do their thing? I think DS would like me there but not sure if it's weird. lol. 

Re: more bday party

• Options

Its weird because?

Try to see this from your childs perspective, Im sure he doesnt care about how you feel in this position, and you really dont need to make that big of a deal of it.

Go have fun, come home. Maybe invite them to your next party.

• Options

If everyone (even extended family/friends who may be there) can be civil, I say absolutely go. DS is sure to appreciate that both of his parents are at his party.
    If there is any chance of things going in an ugly direction-politely decline.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We go to SD's birthday party every year that her mother throws.  It isn't our favorite 2 hours of the year, but I know SD likes that we are there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'd go and if it gets too tense, make some excuses and dip out with grace.

Click me, click me!
  • Options
    I'll probably go...just wanted to see if anyone thought it was weird.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"