Orange County Babies
Options

Irvine Pediatrics

Has anybody heard anything about Irvine Pediatrics or Dr. Downes?  My OB recommended them but there aren't too many positive reviews online.  Thanks. 

Re: Irvine Pediatrics

• Options

We were with them for our first couple of visits after my son was born..I basically went with them due to our insurance and medical group. We saw Dr. Downes at both appts. During the first appt. she was very nice, singing to the baby and answering all of our questions. She was fine, however, I am picky and I did not "love" her. The next visit, I felt rushed and frazzled when we left...like I did not get all of my questions answered. I had a list of questions and she looked over my shoulder to answer the questions. I did not feel like I even had time to write down what she said. My insurance changed shortly after so I took that as a sign to change doctors. Overall, I may have stayed with the group, but changed doctors had our insurance stayed the same. I think she sees more patients and therefore cannot spend as long with each one.

Dr. Winkler from Irvine Ped saw us at the hospital and she seemed very nice.

• Options
    We have been seeing Dr. Downes since my son was a newborn (he is almost 16 months), and I really like her.  I work, so our appointments are mostly in the late afternoon.  I don't usually feel rushed, but I also don't ask a ton of questions (I teach young kids, so I have a lot of background knowledge about development).  I love that the office has a walk in hour every day and that they are open on Saturdays for walk ins.  I also love that if you call them and leave a message about something that is not an emergency, they have an RN on staff that will call you back.  She is really nice and doesn't make you feel like you're asking a stupid question (I've called about constipation before).  Other offices I visited while I was pregnant had very limited hours.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have always heard that the doctors there are good but that the office staff is not very good, wait times are long, and they aren't good about returning phone calls.  I have never gone there myself though, so all of that info is secondhand.

I am very happy with my pediatrician's office.  They are located in Tustin at the corner of Irvine Blvd and Newport.  The website is www.pam4kids.com 

My primary doc is Dr. Daniel Mackey, but we have seen a couple of others and really liked them all.  Once a month, they have a tour night where you can meet several of the doctors and see the office.  You should call and see when the next one takes place.  It helped us get a good feel for the office and the docs and choose which one was the best match for us.

• Options
    My daughter's Dr. I'd Dr. Wheeler at Irvine Pediatrics. We like her a lot and haven't had a problem with the office staff so far.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"