Missouri Babies

Nursery Closets...

I am full of questions today!! :)~

For those who have decorated the nursery already or have kids...did you get rid of the bi-fold doors? I have seen numerous nurseries with the the doors gone and curtains up in their place.

If you didn't get rid of the doors, did you leave them open a lot or just open and close as needed?

If you did get rid of the doors, did you regret it or like the ease of use?

Thanks!

Re: Nursery Closets...

• We didn't have bifolding doors. ?Just one door but the reason we took it down was so we would have more room where the door swung out. ?Everyone who sees it?really likes the idea. ?I think it looks cuter than the door. ?Here's the link to pics (even though there is more decor now than when these were taken.)https://tryingouthappy.blogspot.com/2008/07/landons-nursery.html

• I wanted the doors off the closet because they were the big mirrored sliding doors and I just dont really care for them. Also, made it much easier when dh was putting in the new closet system, I also think it opens up the room a lot more.

M E L I S S A My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • If you add curtains to a doorless closet, how do you hang them? Do you just put a tension rod up on the inside of the closet?

I hadn't thought about this before Molly mentioned it...but not having to worry about leaving room for the closet door to open might work well in our nursery since it's kind of small.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageE&D07:

If you add curtains to a doorless closet, how do you hang them? Do you just put a tension rod up on the inside of the closet?

I hadn't thought about this before Molly mentioned it...but not having to worry about leaving room for the closet door to open might work well in our nursery since it's kind of small.

I have seen a curtain rod installed above the trim over the doorway. I believe that is what Melissa did, if I am recalling the photos correctly.

The doorway space is something I am considering too...it would be nice not to have to worry about it!

• We hung a curtain rod above the closet door frame. I suppose it would work if you wanted them to be more tucked away to do something inside the closet like a tension rod. You can see pib of what we did, I think you can see them pretty well.

M E L I S S A My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"