Orange County Babies
Options

waiting lists for preschools?

How far in advance should I be planning for preschool. My little guy is only 7 months and he won't start preschool until around 2+ years, but I have heard that some schools have over a year long waiting list. Has anyone experienced this?

Re: waiting lists for preschools?

• Options
    We are starting to look now. My girlfriend experienced this and one of them in Irvine had a year wait. I am looking for next year when he is 2 1/2 and potty trained.
  • Options
    We are looking now. DD will start 2 half-days in Sept or Oct at 2.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had no idea you had to get on waiting lists for preschool....anyone know about what tuition runs? I know it will vary by school.
  • Options
    I think it really depends on the number of days you're sending your LO and the school. The ones we have looked at for 2 days/week (9-1) are around $300-400/mo.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We experienced this with DD1 - we waited much too long to get her into our first choice.  She's at a fantastic school now but there will always be a 'what if' with the missed opportunity. We've kept her on the list just in case something opens up but now that she is acclimated to the new school, I'm not sure if we'd jump when a spot opens. 

I would recommend (and will do the same for DD2) to look around her first birthday and get on wait lists.

forcing sisterly love since 07.06.10
  • Options
    My DD goes to a church preschool in N. OC. We registered in April of last year for the Fall 2010 school year, no wait list. She goes M,W,F 9-12 for $200/ month.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"