Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Please Help...

I don't post very often and since I have been back to work do not have much time to come on the message boards.  But I really need some help.  My dd is 4 months old and will not take a bottle.  I feel like I have tried everything.  She only eats when I am home to breastfeed her.  She goes from 8 to 5 without eating.  She also is up every few hours at night to nurse.  I have talked to my doctor but she really did not seem to have any good ideas besides trying to change bottles (which I have done.)  Any suggestions will be really appreciated. Helps so much!

Re: Please Help...

• I don't breastfeed, so I am sure I won't be any help.  But when we got home from the hospital, our baby REFUSED to drink out of the NUK bottles that we had bought.  We tried like 4 different kinds all in one night while she screamed at each one of them.  Finally, at about midnight, my husband when to the only place open, a CVS pharmacy, and bought the only kind of bottle they had- this really cheap kind that are like 3 for $2 or something.

To this day, those are the only kind she will drink out of.  We say she's a cheap date.  :) 

Good luck! 

• Might sound weird but try a sippy cup.  Just a suggestion.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you tried not being the one to give her the bottle? DS will not take a bottle from me ever, DH gives it to him and he is good. The only bottles he will take are the ones that came with my pump. I have heard the Tommie Tippy bottles are good for breast fed babies. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ashton was the same way. We went through 5 different bottles. The only one we found he liked was by accident. My SIL picked it up at Publix. Its the MAM bottle for colic. It took a little coaxing in a quiet room but he finally got the hang of it. Now he isnt as picky BTW so there is light at the end of that tunnel too!
  • i am sure you have, but have you tried avent bottles?
    Sawyer Quinn (09/06/06), Rory Keaton (04/07/08) and Kinsley Saffron (10/12/10). Forever and ever my babies they'll be. A rose can say "I love you",orchids can enthrall,but a weed bouquet in a chubby fist,yes, that says it all.~Author Unknown
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DS does not take a bottle very well.  He will if he's hungry, but still not well.  We've started him on a sippy cup (Tommee Tippee one) and he seems to do better with that.  I am no child psychologist, but I think it's because it's so different from the breast whereas the bottle tries to mimic the breast and it wasn't good enough.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I agree with all the other suggestions... our DS wouldn't take all the expensive bottles - only the cheap Wal-Mart brand.  What happens when dd takes the bottle?  Does she turn away and fuss?  Does she try to take it but chokes?  We bought slow flow nipples for DS and he did better with the bottles.  If someone can't feed her with a bottle for you, I would hold her facing outwards and see if she takes it then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"