Philadelphia Babies
Options

Looking for an OB that delivers at Lankenua

Hi,

I am lookint to deliever at Lankanua for my second child. I had a wonderful experience with my first child at paoli but I would like to be closer to home so my hubby can easily run back and forth between home and the hospital.

I'm nervous about switching... Any recs? What did you love about them?

Re: Looking for an OB that delivers at Lankenua

• Options
    I love Lawrence Park OB/GYN.  There are 3 drs and I love them all.  Dr. Laveran delivered both of my children, but I would have been happy with any of them.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Women for Women have an offices in Malvern and at Lankenau, but they deliver only at Lankenau.   So far I feel that its a great practice!   I specifically like Janine Barsoum, Wendy Manko and Suzanne Nogami.   Have not delivered yet, but feel very confident in their hands.

https://whcgpa.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/site.locations/action/dtl/loc/7406.cfm 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Love Women for Women, Dr. Barsoum delivered my son. They are all very caring mothers themselves. I have recently lost a baby at 13 weeks, they have been so compassionate and loving.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I recently moved to the area (my kids were born at Jefferson), so I have only had one appt, but I loved Dr. Nogami at Women for Women.  I knew I wanted to deliver at Lankenau for #3 and heard great things about the practice

ETA - I just saw you are in Havertown, so am I :)

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options

I live in Havertown too! 

I have had experience at both Women for Women and Lawrence Park OBGYN. I left Lawrence Park OB because when I was having irregular periods and wanted to conceive I had left several messages to make an appointment (I had seen Dr. Rudi there previously), no one called me back for days.

So I switched to Women for Women, who was able to see me right away and consequently, I was newly pregnant with irregular periods and didn't realize. Thus far they have been excellent. My only issue has been with Andrea Kirsch, CRNP-which isn't too much of an issue, I just don't like the way she rushes the appointments and brushes issues aside. (would be willing to discuss it further if you had any questions). Other than Andrea, I have seen Suzanne Nogami and Dr. Porcelan, who I have absolutely loved. 

Let me know if you have any further questions---sjblade@gmail.com 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I go to the practice that includes Dr's McConnell, Belden, Peden, and Finnegan. They see patients at Paoli and Lankenau but only deliver at Lankenau.

I know many people who have used and have been happy with this practice! 

• Options
    I second Lawrence Park OB GYN. Dr. Heinzel is my primary ob/gyn there and I just love him.  He always got back to me within an hour of calling and believe me, I called a lot.  I love all three doctors.  I was hospitalized at Lankenau for 26 days when I went into premature labor and 24 weeks and then sent home for 10 days of bedrest before giving birth.  I got to know all three doctors really well since one of them would pop in daily to check on me.  All three doctors at this practice are different from each other and have a different style, and I loved them each.  I cannot imagine being under the care of any other physicians for that long and scary 26 days.  They were very cautious with me...
  • Options
    imagemldsmile:

I go to the practice that includes Dr's McConnell, Belden, Peden, and Finnegan. They see patients at Paoli and Lankenau but only deliver at Lankenau.

I also go to this practice. I've only had my first appointment, but so far they are great. They are also really friendly on the phone when you have questions which is helpful. The other thing I really like is that they are right in the hospital complex.  

• Options
    imagemldsmile:

I also go to this practice. I've only had my first appointment, but so far they are great. They are also really friendly on the phone when you have questions which is helpful. The other thing I really like is that they are right in the hospital complex.  

• Options
    image mldsmile:I go to the practice that includes Dr's McConnell, Belden, Peden, and Finnegan. They see patients at Paoli and Lankenau but only deliver at Lankenau.I know many people who have used and have been happy with this practice! I also go to this practice. I've only had my first appointment, but so far they are great. They are also really friendly on the phone when you have questions which is helpful. The other thing I really like is that they are right in the hospital complex.   There were 2 occasions where I had pretty important questions (re: genetic test results and a sinus issue before flying).  I asked to speak to a nurse or doctor and both times, a doctor or nurse called me back right away.  I was very impressed!!!  
  • Options
    Another vote for Women for Women. They are great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"