February 2011 Moms
Options

"Push present" for DH?

I know it's not a "push present" because he's not the one doing the pushing, however, I want to get something for DH to give him on the day our daughter will be born. Any body else doing this, or have suggestions?
image.

Re: "Push present" for DH?

• Options
    I love this idea.  I got my husband a framed poem with a picture of a hand holding a little hand and I think the poem was actually called "Daddy's hands".  I found it at one of those personal creations websites and they put her name on it too.  It's just a little something but I know he'll appreciate it
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I know exactly what poem your talking about. I was definately looking at it. I found something I love, but without having a picture of her right away I'm gonna wait till probably father's day to get it.

https://www.hourpowerwatches.com/men/maxim.html

image.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I never really thought of it. I know he's not doing one for me as we simply don't really believe in doing that kind of stuff. A baby is enough. But I've been thinking that a few weeks after the baby is born (and I can find the energy and time) I'm going to get a nice frame and put a picture of him and our son in it. He started a new job in December and his office is pretty bland, just a desk and white walls. I think it would be nice to fill it up with some pictures of him and our family.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

with our first i got him something, a mini dvd video recorder thingy. he had a 10yr old VHS recorder at that point, and i wanted him to be able to just make copies of certain things on our computer and send it to family after the baby was born.

of course, he took it to every car meet he went to but had the battery NOT charged when we went to the hospital, and it was just barely charged enough to record our son coming out. 

CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageTiffanyTheMom:

with our first i got him something, a mini dvd video recorder thingy. he had a 10yr old VHS recorder at that point, and i wanted him to be able to just make copies of certain things on our computer and send it to family after the baby was born.

of course, he took it to every car meet he went to but had the battery NOT charged when we went to the hospital, and it was just barely charged enough to record our son coming out. 

your DH needs to control his car meet urges...lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I got DH a great book by his favorite coach/author. I think he'll love it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like this idea a lot.  I know it's not necessary by any means, but MH has been so great throughout my pregnancy and I know he's going to by my rock on the day the baby comes, and I would love to do something little to show my appreciation.  The man rubs my feet every night!!!  I am so in love with himBig Smile 
  • Options
    Not really doing anything for H but I did buy really cute scrubs for him that say "i'm the daddy" . 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I bought DH a small Saint Joseph charm as St. Joseph is the Patron saint of Fatherhood (DH is Catholic though we go to a non-denominational churth because I am not catholic). I had Ephesians 6:4 engraved on the back with "Daddy 2011". I was too afraid to have the month engraved on there because..you never know! DH already wears a small cross around his neck that I gave him on our 3 year dating anniversary. I thought he could add the saint medal to it as a reminder of our first born, and his role as a father.  

Oh, and Ephesians 6:4 is "Father's do not exasperate your children, instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord."

I think it will mean a lot to him.. I hope anyway. Wink

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"