Boston Babies

Cost of nanny - downtown

Could anyone give a rough estimate of what to expect to pay for a nanny in downtown Boston (South End / Back Bay)?

What about for daycare, for example at one of the downtown Bright Horizons?

Re: Cost of nanny - downtown

• I was a nanny before I had my lo in Brookline and I got $23 an hour. It depends on how "high end" you want to go. Not sure how much daycare is.
  • Given the cost of childcare in the city you may also want to look into hosting an Au-Pair...check out www.euraupair.com - the upfront cost is somewhat steep- $3500 Deposit and the remainder of $4000 payable in installments- as well as $200/ week stipend for the Au-Pair (for a total of about $350/ week + Food and Car Insurance if needed) but you get in turn 45 hours of flexible childcare that is in house. Once you have a second child it is definitely worth looking into if you have the space to house an Au-Pair.

If you are going to find a Nanny expect to pay at least $3500 in fees to a reputable Nanny Agency (like Beacon Hill Nannies) which many of the higher qualified candidates are going to use to find a placement. And weekly cost of Nanny childcare in the city can run you anywhere from $500-1000 week- depending on your requirements for qualification.

Kindercare has quoted me about $370/ week for Infant Care in the Suburbs- so I'd expect that to be closer to $500/ week in Boston.

GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • The Bright Horizons in Seaport and the one in Beacon Hill are $2800/month for a full-time infant spot (that was as of September when I called).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"