South Florida Babies
Options

Lactation consultant rec needed

Please recommend your LC if you used one. I had my LO about a week ago and was a little disappointed with the LC from the hospital. TIA!!

Re: Lactation consultant rec needed

• Options

If you're in the Miami area I highly recommend the consultants at Mercy Hospital.  You can find their info on Mercy's website, they are awesome! I had issues when my 2nd little guy was born and without them I would not have been able to continue.

• Options

I delivered at Jupiter Med Center and loved my LC.  Her name is Eila and I had called her quite a few times with questions in the beginning.

561-745-2676

My LO is 3.5 months and I am still nursing too, so I would love to help you with questions if I can.  Best of luck! :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If Boca is not too far I HIGHLY recommend Cari Tannella 5613023871 at Boca Raton Regional Hospital (Boca Community) Toppel Place. They have weekly bfing support group meetings on Tues at noon. She has been a god-send to me and she is to all of us nursing mommies. She is like family to me. She cares about us all and loves what she does and is awesome at it! GL!
    Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • Options
    Pam is an awesome private LC that will come to your house.   Pam Mazzella DiBosco 954 274 5386 Birthing and Beyond   There's also a LLL meeting tonight (4th Monday of every month) at the Hollywood Birth Center.       The LLL hotline is also free if you need some phone support.    Broward/Boca/Miami-Dade Phone Line: (954) 574-6600     Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

if you are in the Boca area, call Jackie Adames. she is amazing. She use to work at BRCH but now works for a doctors office (Cohen and Sheinker) and leads an amazing *free) Mommy and Me at Spanish River church on Wednesdays,

her number is 561-706-4121 (she will come to you if you need that)

GL!

Virginia

• Options
    Thanks ladies...I am in Boca so I will check with those ladies first. I ended up having an unplanned c-section after like 36 hours of labor and failure to progress after being stuck at 9cm for 4 hours. It really threw the whole breastfeeding plan for a loop. I saw the LC twice in the hospital but I felt that she was always rushed and it didn't help that I was just out of recovery when she came-I was so out of it I hardly remember. Basically she told me to go out and get a niple shield and called it a day. Hopefully one of these other LC's will work out a little better.
  • Options
    imagebisabelm:
    Thanks ladies...I am in Boca so I will check with those ladies first. I ended up having an unplanned c-section after like 36 hours of labor and failure to progress after being stuck at 9cm for 4 hours. It really threw the whole breastfeeding plan for a loop. I saw the LC twice in the hospital but I felt that she was always rushed and it didn't help that I was just out of recovery when she came-I was so out of it I hardly remember. Basically she told me to go out and get a niple shield and called it a day. Hopefully one of these other LC's will work out a little better.
    Where did you deliver? Did you see any of the LCs mentioned? Wondering who it was that rushed your consultations.
    Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
  • Options
    imageLina1030:
    imagebisabelm:
    Where did you deliver? Did you see any of the LCs mentioned? Wondering who it was that rushed your consultations.
    She has not been mentioned yet. I delivered at West Boca. I took this ladys class back in October and she was great but neither myself or my husband were happy with our experiance with her in the hospital. I just wish she would have maybe checked in more once I was more out of recovery and more alert.
  • Options

imagebisabelm:
    imageLina1030:
    imagebisabelm:
    She has not been mentioned yet. I delivered at West Boca. I took this ladys class back in October and she was great but neither myself or my husband were happy with our experiance with her in the hospital. I just wish she would have maybe checked in more once I was more out of recovery and more alert.

I have heard a lot of negative things (experiences) about West Boca....not surprised with what you are saying about your experience.   

Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
  • Options
    I second the recommendation for Pam Mazzella DiBosco.  She was very helpful and answered a lot of my questions over the phone.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I 100% agree with the recommendations for Cari and Jackie.  They are both fantastic and free, if you catch them at their weekly classes (on Tuesday and Wednesday, respectively).  They are fantastic.  GL with the BFing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"