South Carolina Babies

Any new Moms in the Aiken area?

My 3rd child was born on 12-29 and wanted other Moms in the area to talk with?

Re: Any new Moms in the Aiken area?

• I live in Aiken.  Due in a few weeks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Did you deliver at ARMC?

Everyone keeps telling me I should go across the river to MCG or University, but I don't want to unless I have some high risk issues that can only be treated by one of those hospitals.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm due in August with our first!  :o)
  • imagedianamcu:

Did you deliver at ARMC?

Everyone keeps telling me I should go across the river to MCG or University, but I don't want to unless I have some high risk issues that can only be treated by one of those hospitals.

I'm going to deliver at University.  Initially I was seeing an OB at Aiken OBGYN and so would have delivered at ARMC, but I ended up changing practices to Augusta GYN at around 17 weeks.  Best decision ever!  I just felt like a number at Aiken OBGYN and did not get good treatment (appts got cancelled after I showed up; phone calls not returned when I was very sick).  I love Dr. Norman at Augusta GYN and everyone I know who has delivered at University has had a great experience.

• I am coming in late on this post, but I live in Aiken too! My baby was 9 weeks premature, born on 1/30. I delivered at MCG and DS is still in the NICU. I would love to talk with some other moms in the area. We are from Delaware originally and have only been here for about a year.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • CeeCee.. YGPM :)
  • I live in Aiken. I was also told not to go to ARMC. My OB was at Augusta GYN and I had my baby at University.  I really enjoyed University and I would recommend University.

I also chose to switch OB's because The OBGYN by ARMC wanted money upfront for prenatal services even though my insurance covered everything.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"