Illinois Babies

how much do you spend for out of home child care

i'm starting to figure out the back to work thing.  how much are you spending for childcare?  i'm thinking a nursery daycare kind of situation.  i'm guessing that a nanny is out of my price range.  how much do you spend?  what's your set up?  thanks! 

Re: how much do you spend for out of home child care

• We paid $56 a day in the baby room at a center. In the far far northwest suburbs. It was the cheapest I found in my area by a lot.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In the city, I found $400-425 per week for infants in daycare centers (the higher $$ was for smaller centers).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • $300/wk for FT at a daycare center
  • $1100/month for full-time at a center
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Before you dismiss a nanny you might want to consider a nanny share because I think those prices quoted above would support a nanny share.

We pay 250/week for a part time nanny, one full time day, two part time. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • $400/week for a brand new center in Old Town. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I know you were asking about out of home child care, but I thought I'd share some info about nannying for you, anyway! 

Right now I'm working as a nanny, about 50 hours a week at $13/hour. That's about $600/week. Most of the parents I interviewed with were willing to pay in this range, but take into account that I am a certified teacher and I think that ups my wage a bit.

Child care is crazy expensive! Good luck with your search! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"