Missouri Babies
Options

Prenatal Water class

I'm trying to find a prenatal water class in kansas city anywhere! The one with St. lukes on the plaza is canceled due to construction so I'm struggling and think that this type of fitness class sounds really motivating. Anyone here have experience or suggestions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Prenatal Water class

• Options

You might check with the YMCA that's near you. I think some of them have prenatal water aerobics, though I'm not sure if you have to be a full member to do 1 class.

I just went to the normal water aerobics class at the 24 Hour Fitness where we were members and the pace worked fine for me. There was 1 other girl around my age and most of the rest were 30+ years older, but it was a good workout. The teacher just reminded me to keep an eye on my heart rate and occasionally showed me alternate movements if it was something that the belly got in the way of!

ETA: One of the community centers in LS has a basic water aerobics class (they call it AquaFit 101) 9a M-F & 8p T&Th and it looks like you could pay by the class &  not have to be a member/resident. The schedule is here.  If that's too far, you could check with other parks & rec departments closer to where you live.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I agree.  I took the classes at St. Luke's the first go round, and I am not having any luck now that the pool is closed. I found some basic classes at the Matt Ross Community Center and you can pay as you go there.  Not having luck with the Y, they have the basic classes, but I can not figure out if  you can get just a pool pass.  Guess I need to get on the phone!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I called the Y and asked about the aquatics activity pass and they said they don't do that but I could pay $10 for all day access or the monthly fee..... I'll check into the Matt Ross CC and the one in LS! Thanks ladies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"