Infertility

Menopur cost?

Hey ladies. If you've taken Menopur and don't mind sharing what you paid, I'd love to know. I know everyones amounts won't be the same due to doseage, insurance and pharmacy used; but I'd still like a ball park guesstimate. 

My RE plans for me to use it on our next cycle and I'd like to have an idea of what it could cost. My RE did say I'd take a low dose and for around 10 days if that helps at all. My insurance will not cover it. 

Also, since we're talking. . .what side effects did you experience with it? 

TYIA!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Menopur cost?

• Mine was $1057.00 for 10 (75iu) vials.

TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

• imagemadelyn07:

Mine was $1057.00 for 10 (75iu) vials.

So, I am illiterate when it comes to injectables. Is one vial for one injection or more than one injection?  

• Loading the player...
  • imagebrandywine2010:
    imagemadelyn07:

Mine was $1057.00 for 10 (75iu) vials.

So, I am illiterate when it comes to injectables. Is one vial for one injection or more than one injection?  

depends on your protocol..for my last IUI I was on 150iu/night (so two vials) and for this IVF I'm only on 75iu/night (so 1 vial)...

TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

• When I was resesrching costs since I thought I wouldn't have meds coverage since we have no IVF coverage (but somehow they covered my meds), I found these prices from Freedom. https://freedomfertility.com/fertility-medications/medications-and-pricing.aspx

The woman there did tell me that in order to get these 'special' prices (for those without ins coverage), you doctor has to fax them something saying you have no coverage and maybe even some sort of voucher (she couldn't really tell me, but made it seem like that's what happened). A local pharmacy here also has special rates for people paying OOP-so it might be helpful to ask your RE if they know of any local places that have a similar program.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm paying OOP for all med and my Menopur was about $340 per box of 5 vials of 75iu.  I started with 1 vial and dosage was increased to 2 vials then 3 a night, but it varied for each of my 2 IUIs I've had.  My 2nd IUI I started off with 2 vials per night. 

Side effects:  I was on both Follistim and Menopur at the same time and I don't know which one caused it, but I got terrible headaches.  Also the Menopur burns when injecting but it was bearable.

TTC #1 since 01/2008 ~ dx:Unexplained Infertility ~ DH SA:normal ~ HSG:clear
    11/2010 IUI #1: BFN, 12/2010 IUI #2: BFN, 01/2011 IUI #3: BFN, 05/2011 IUI #4: BFN
    Taking a break this summer then moving on to IVF
    9/2011 Surprise natural BFP during TTC break
    10/2011 No heartbeat found during 3rd u/s @ 8w4d
    ***SAIFW & PAIFW***

• Not sure lady about the costs, however I will say that I did not have any s/e from the Menopur.

Also, sorry about the early bfn, hope you had a great appt. today!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks ladies for all your helpful responses!
  • Is someone looking for buying  some menopur? I have 4 new unopened boxes to sell. Just got them last week and DR changing me to something else. I can be emailed if you want more info and we can chat on the phone, I am happy to call if so.

Kristin (kristin@eventsbykristin.com)

• I just finished my first IUI.  I was on Menopur 3 vials per night x 5 nights.  The cost was approximately $750.  I then triggered with 10000 units of HCG; approx $121.  Just started Progesterone vaginal suppositories twice a day, approx $355 for a bottle of 100.  I have my treatments through Kaiser Permanente so these prices are before my drug benefit is applied. 

As far as side effects go, I haven't had any.  I've actually felt better emotionally on the Menopur.  Not sure if this is medication related, but I sure did welcome it!  The only side effect I can mention was related to the HCG shot.  I developed a small circular red itchy rash at the injection site about 24 hours post injection.  This was easily relieved by a little cortisone cream. I can't comment yet on the progesterone capsules since I'm only one day into it.  So far so good though.

Hope this info helps and good luck with your cycle! 

• I pay out of pocket for everything so I am currently looking for the cheapest price for menopur. So far I've found that the apothecary shop has the best prices at $67.00/75 iu. Also, if your RE will allow it, I found it at a foreign pharmacy for $31.00 a bottle (affordable drugs.com) I hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"