North Dakota Babies
Options

Anyone have Aflac?

I was wondering if anyone had/has an Aflac STD policy. Do you feel it's worth the money?  I know you have to be on the policy 12 months for pre-existing conditions to be excluded (including pregnancy). 

Just curious if it would be something worth investing in!

Re: Anyone have Aflac?

• Options
    I have it through work...and when I signed up if we signed up during orientation we were actually exempt from the pre-existing conditions clause. I pay 11.90 every paycheck (every 2 weeks). For me I figured it out to be actually making money on it. It only pays out like 60% of your pay, but you just have to add up how much you'll pay out of pocket and how much you'll get....I think you get it as one lump sum. HTH!
  • Options
    Also, I have Hospital Indemnity Insurance and Personal Sickness Insurance through Aflac (privately). These policies pay out for doctor's appts and for any illness (including pregnancy) or hospitalization that may occur. You have to have the policy for 60 days prior to getting pg though. We pay around $80 a month for the policy, and in the end it will pay out around 1900. When we end up having the baby we'll have paid on the policy for a year- so about $900 out of pocket....making it a payout of $1000...pretty sweet! HTH!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    BJ has it through his work.  I tried to read all the stuff and it seemed more complicated then regular insurance, but that could be because I'm just used to regular insurance.  I don't know anyone personally that has it and has used it.  I'll stick with my BCBS :)
  • Options
    I have both the short-term disability and the hospitalization one. DH and I sat down and figured out that I would have to pay on both through 2013 before the cost outweighed what I will get when I use the policies. HTH!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    When I was working, I looked into it & it was going to cost me just as much to have the "insurance" as I was going to receive.....for me, it wasn't worth the cost.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"