January 2011 Moms

can't sleep and want to punch DH in the face!

I am soooo restless lately and feel like I haven't had a good nights rest in months! When i'm awake tossing and turning(or more like attempting to toss and turn!) all I can focus on is DH's snoring, i'm trying not to be ridiculous about it but every morning he feels he is entilted to an appology for my frustration! In a way I guess he does but then again on the other hand.....! Anyone else dealing with this? How are you handling negative sleeping arrangements?

Re: can't sleep and want to punch DH in the face!

• easy.someone sleeps on the couch.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In the morning he wants you to apologize to him because you couldn't get comfortable?

Our major problem is that if I'm sleeping, I'm generally snoring really loudly. If I wake up and I have NOT been snoring, DH is sound asleep and I feel a bit jealous that he doesn't have to pee every hour all night long. If I have been snoring, I wake up and DH is on the couch because he hasn't been able to sleep and I feel bad that he had to leave the bed. I don't think it's fair because he's working full time and I'm not, so he should get to be where he's most comfortable. But he says being 9 months pregnant trumps working. Hopefully the snoring will be the first pregnancy symptom to go!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been having the same thing with my DH.  For awhile i would wear ear plugs so i can sleep without hearing him snore. but sometimes i could still here him snore.   then he decided to sleep on the couch or in the guest bedroom.   so now we are back in bed together and i have sleep on my back with a pillow on each side of me.  Its the only way i can sleep. i still wear the ear plugs!

good luck. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ear plugs! I can't believe I didn't think of that before! Thanks for the advice, i'll be trying that tonight!
  • Giving DH a good shove gets him to stop snoring long enough for me to go back to sleep. ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I dont have snoring problems.... I have a man too attached to our dog problems..lol

1 pregnant hormonal woman+ 1- 65lb. pitbull + 1 gianormous husband that takes up the whole bed = many sleepless uncomfortable nights!

he insists the dog sleep with us because its "too cold" outside.

Photobucket Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers Beautiful pictures taken by the very talented Kaper
  • We have a similar problem as the PP.  When I'm actually sleeping apparently I'm snoring terribly so DH cannot sleep (even with the earplugs).  Occasionally I'm awake and can hear his snore, but his snore is more like a woodpecker so it's a really annoying sound.  I can usually fall asleep after about an hour of tossing & turning.  DH has brought up his inflatable air mattress in our living room, which has been there for a week!  I keep telling him I'm going to pop the thing bc it doesn't belong in our living room.  Once she's here, it's out though.  That's the last thing I want to be worrying about tripping over.
  • I want to punch DH in the face every time I am up in the middle of the night doing a feeding and he is snoring away.
  • imagestbmittleman:
    I want to punch DH in the face every time I am up in the middle of the night doing a feeding and he is snoring away.

Hahaha! I love this!

Photobucket Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers Beautiful pictures taken by the very talented Kaper
  • imagestbmittleman:
    I want to punch DH in the face every time I am up in the middle of the night doing a feeding and he is snoring away.

I can see this being a future problem of mine. Right now I'm always awake and he's snoring so badly I almost come unglued. A couple of nights I've slept on the pull out couch but I don't like doing that either.

BFP 1/8/10, missed mc 2/15/10, baby @8w3d. Natural mc 2/23/10 Goodbye our sweet little peanut. We love you so. Every lament is a love song...
    Harper Oksana, born on her due date, January 20, 2011, and the love of my life
  • Since I was always up and down during the night I usually moved to the couch for a few hours so DH could get some solid sleep. It wasn't that big of a deal to me and I was actually more comfortable on the couch towards the end.
  • imageFergie+1:
    Giving DH a good shove gets him to stop snoring long enough for me to go back to sleep. ;)

Same here.  I just roll him over or elbow him.  Does just enough to make the snores stop without waking him up completely.  The past few weeks I've been "reverse cycled" so up all night and sleep all day.  So, DH snoring hasn't been an issue.  :-) 

Would your DH be willing to wear those snore strips?  I have a few friends who swear by them, but I don't have any personal experience.  I won't wear ear plugs while sleeping.  I spent some time on an aircraft carrier (Navy) and so noise is a huge issue with the aircraft constantly landing/taking off so (believe it or not) ear plugs were a part of safety training.  Ears are designed to breath and drain.  Your ears can get infected.  If you are going to try earplugs, get disposables and wear a new pair each night.  And what if your smoke alarm went off or an intruder broke in your home?  How would you hear it?  (I know that's a stretch but just food for thought.)

• Last night was better, I slept on the couch and he took the bed (he's working so I didn't want him to be the uncomfortable one!) Surprisingly though the couch surrounded by pillows worked nicely! It also helped that the dogs stayed in the bed with him. I don't think he liked it much because, lately since we are getting close to the due date, he was to be right next to me if anything happens, I reassured him that if I go into labor he will only be an ear shot away!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"