Oregon Babies
Options

"Magic" breakfast idea

I'm guessing that many of you have the same issues with nutrition throughout the day that we do. You may have the best of intentions, but LO does not always cooperate. :)

I wanted to share what DS eats for breakfast. It's a pretty good meal nuritionally, he loves it (he's been eating it almost every morning since he was 10 months old), and it's easy. As long as he eats breakfast I worry a little less about what he eats the rest of the day.

Anyway:

1/4 cup old school oatmeal in a 2 cup measuring cup.

fill with whole milk to just under the 1/2 cup line (if you put too much milk it will boil over when you cook it)

microwave it for 2 minutes

add about 1/4 cup frozen blueberries. they work well to cool it down to the right temp. in the summer I use fresh when they are cheap.

add a heaping teaspoon of full fat cottage cheese.

cut up one banana. half a banana if it's huge.

a healthy sprinkle of cinnamon on top.

add one dose of daily liquid vitamins.

presto. he macks it down so fast, we're done in 5 minutes or less. 

Re: "Magic" breakfast idea

• Options

For years, my go-to breakfast has been oatmeal. I make up a big batch and store it in an air-tight container with a scoop. It makes for a super easy breakfast or snack. DD loves it, so we often carry a container with the dry mix in the diaper bag, because all we need is boiling water or a microwave to produce a meal on the go that she?ll nearly always eat.

I buy microwavable quick-oats in bulk. Then I add dried fruit (cranberries, currents, and apples are my favorite), nuts (slivered almonds), cinnamon, nutmeg, and a little brown sugar. It?s way, way less sugar and better nutrition than the little packets you buy - super cheap, too!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That's creative!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ugh I wish my Delilah liked oatmeal :(  those sound like a great breakfast for baby
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"