January 2011 Moms

Version = Fail, C-section scheduled

I went in very optimistic for my external version today.  Unfortunately, DD2 was not cooperative.  Dr. could only move her about 90 degrees instead of the 120 needed.  The whole experience was pretty uneventful though. 

DH was surprised Dr was that firm with my belly and the L&D nurse in the room commented that most Docs don't try for so long.  Kiddo is just stubborn.

So c-section tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 12th.  Not the delivery I expected, especially after DD1's easy vaginal birth, but DD2 looks healthy and that's what matters.

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
PgAL/PAL Welcome
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Version = Fail, C-section scheduled

• Awe, I'm sorry it didn't work. I'm sure that was frustrating. On the bright side, you have less than a week to go!
  • I'm in the same boat.

I had a great vaginal delivery with DD. But, this little girl is pretty much stuck in the breech position. My c/s is scheduled for the 13th. 

Good Luck! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • check out spinningbabies.com and find a good prenatal chiropractor. good luck!
  • Aw I am sorry that she didn't flip. I am glad she's healthy though- and that's great that you can really plan for her arrival now!
    BFP 1/8/10, missed mc 2/15/10, baby @8w3d. Natural mc 2/23/10 Goodbye our sweet little peanut. We love you so. Every lament is a love song...
    Harper Oksana, born on her due date, January 20, 2011, and the love of my life
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry the version didn't work, I'm sure that's disappointing.  Good news that she's healthy and ready to come out though, and only a week left until you meet her!  :)
    PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I turned down the version due to fluid levels and ended up having a c-section the following week due to dangerously low fluid levels and still being breech. A c-section is rough (especially the recovery), but a healthy mom and baby is what matters the most.
    Joseph Michael - 12/22/2010
    5lbs 9 oz, 18.5 inches long
    6 months: 16lbs 15 oz, 27 inches long

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I had a c section due to a breech baby too. My ECV had been scheduled for the day after she decided to come. :( GL with ur c section and congrats on a healthy baby.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Had a failed ECV on 1/4.  Tried a chiropractor with the Webster's technique on 1/6 and 1/8.  The chiropractor got rid of some of my discomfort, but I think baby is still stubborn and breech.  My CS is scheduled for 1/19.  I'm so very scared of it for me and baby. 

On the bright side, I can't help but to think that maybe our babies just like to be closer to our hearts.  :-) 

Good luck!!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"