Breastfeeding
Options

Some questions

Do any of you travel for work? I have to be gone about once every 6-8 weeks for 2-3 full days. I will be pumping, since I go to my work HQ, there are mother's rooms designated for this. Should I worry about my supply diminishing without DS's stimulation? Or will the pump do the trick?

Also, should I pump as often as every 2-3 hours although he may not eat that frequently by then?

And I travel by air, so I spend about 6 hours traveling between flights and layovers. What do you suggest I do about pumping during this time? 

Is it possible to have gotten my period already? I am 7 weeks pp. The vaginal bleeding from delivery stopped about a week ago, with just minor spotting. Last night I had a pantyliner full of fresh blood and it continues today (not gushing, but it's there). What the heck, I thought BF moms didn't ovulate or get periods for a while? 

TIA!

Re: Some questions

• Options

I would pump every 3 hrs max simply b/c you usually don't pump as much as they'll eat. Some women have a great supply and have no issues with this, but most of the time working moms need to pump at least every 3 hrs to make enough for baby and keep supply up. The pump should work pretty well but it's common to have a supply dip b/c you're a) more stressed, b) not sleeping as much as you should, and c) usually drinking/eating less often when you return to work. Having pics of DS can help your pumping output sometimes.

I pumped in the airport bathroom on more than one occasion. I've also pumped on the plane (had to!) with a nursing cover. I was only comfortable with that b/c my mom was sitting next to me and I was sitting in the window seat. When I traveled alone and had to pump on the plane, I went to the bathroom to do it. Not fun, but you can make it work. You need a pump that runs on batteries of course.

I got AF 8 weeks pp even though I was EBF, so yes, it could definitely be your period.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"