Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Playtex Drop-ins or Lansinoh storage bags?

I've read that the Lansinoh bags fit in the Playtex bottles, and I've also read that the Playtex Drop-ins can be frozen for storing milk.  I'm registering for Playtex bottles (among others)--which bags should I put on my registry?

edited for spelling

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Playtex Drop-ins or Lansinoh storage bags?

• Options
    I never heard that you can freeze the playtex drop-ins.  I EPed for a year and only used the lanisoh bags.
  • Options

imageJT41275:
    I never heard that you can freeze the playtex drop-ins.  I EPed for a year and only used the lanisoh bags.

Did you use the Lansinoh bag as a drop-in in the bottle, or did you pour it into the bottle?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can't freeze Playtex Drop-ins.  They have no top.  You can use the Lansinoh bags in the drop-in bottles, just like any other BM freezer  bag.  Buying all these one-time use bags can start getting pretty pricy. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options

imageLittleApple:
    You can't freeze Playtex Drop-ins.  They have no top.  You can use the Lansinoh bags in the drop-in bottles, just like any other BM freezer  bag.  Buying all these one-time use bags can start getting pretty pricy. 

Hmm...the review I read said she "stored" the milk in the Playtex bag, and I just assumed she meant in the freezer.  I don't know what she was talking about then.  I will put the Lansinoh bags on my registry and try those out.  Thanks for your help!

• Options

imageLittleApple:

You can buy tops that fit the drop-ins for storage purposes only. I've seen them on-line. 

IVF #1 BFN... IVF #2 BFP! TWINS!
    Twins born too early at 23 weeks due to incompetent cervix
    FET #1, IUI #1, 2, 3, 4 - all BFN
    IVF #3 BFP!!! IT'S A BOY! Born July 16th, 2011
    FET #2 BFP! Due February 15, 2013
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I would pump into a bottle, pour it into the lanisoh bag and freeze it, then pour it into a bottle after i defrosted it.  You can pump into the playtex drop ins but you need a converter kit.  I never personally liked it. 
  • Options

Playtex drop-ins now come in a pumping kit that does allow you to freeze and store  them in the drop-ins.  I was super psyched about this until I realized that to have 3 bottles in the freezer means that I have 3 less in rotation (because you usually don't just freeze for a couple of days- it's in there for a while).  If you plan to use the drop-ins, depending on your pump, you may have to still buy the kit (I have the medela PIS pump and it needs a connector piece for the drop-in bottle to  connect to the pumping part).  I do use the caps on bottles that are only a half feeding for my DD, and then when I combine to make a full feeding I put the nipple and cap on, so I use a lot of the kit anyways.

All of that being said - I would get storage bags.  They fit much easier in the freezer and don't take up a ton of room.  Better yet, it doesn't monopolize all of your bottles. 

Just an FYI - If you do decide to do drop-ins, Target brand seems to be the best deal for drop-ins (and they are BPA free).  If I had to do it all over again, I may go with a bottle I could just wash out and not need liners for. 

• Options
    imageMelissa2216:

imageJT41275:

Did you use the Lansinoh bag as a drop-in in the bottle, or did you pour it into the bottle?

I didn't answer this in my above response, but I usually still pump into the drop-in, and then pour into whatever bag I have (something cheap I am sure - but BPA free), lay flat in freezer, then store in a basket in the very back of freezer.  It just seems easier for me, and It was such a PITA to get the bag on and off without it spilling some (I could have just been doing it wrong, or it could have been on very little sleep, who knows...).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"