North Dakota Babies
Options

"Oh, that's a sign of labor!!"

Over the past 2-3 weeks, people have been insisting that I must be going into labor any minute because of "signs" I have.  lol.  I lost a few pounds at my last ob check in and also have had a cold for a week.... well I've had 3 people tell me that is a sign that labor is just around the corner since that's how they started!  Another day I was nauseous and had cramping...well, I'm shocked I didn't pop into labor 5 minutes later, according to another helpful person.  The past 2 days I've been sleeping a lot- MIL is freaking out that its going to happen tomorrow. 

All its doing is annoying the heck out of me!!  I joked yesterday that I broke a fingernail, so I have to be going into labor any day now!

Re: "Oh, that's a sign of labor!!"

• Options
    LOL I am so sorry people are annoying you.  I do hope you are feeling better soon though! 
    New bio with helpful info for DW knotties!
    Ashley & Josh ~ The Reef Resort ~ Grand Cayman~ May 15th 2010
    imageimage
  • Options

Doesn't it get old hearing people tell you their opinions while PG?

I had four women at work try to tell me at one time that I must be having a boy (1) because of the way I was carrying Kari, (2) because of not getting big anywhere but my tummy, (3) because my butt was wider, (4) because of my cravings.

My responses: Everyone is pregnant differently. The ultrasound said it's a girl, and if it is not a girl and he didn't have anything more to show on the ultrasound he should wear dresses anyway (it was a bad day). All babies, boy or girl, have to come out of their mother, so hips spread and butts get wider I guess. And the best one was the lady who asked about my cravings - I told her I craved food; I said that I didn't eat much meat anymore but did eat a lot of fruit - after looking at me for about 2 minutes with no response, she said that she craved fruit with her son. Ugh. This is why my job stresses me out.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    hahah. It's going to be a long few weeks for your MIL haha
    Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
  • Options

That is totally annoying...but it seems to me everything at that point in pregnancy is annoying. 

I remember hating to call anyone b/c they would always answer..."Is it time?"

• Options
    Just tell people "The only sign of labor I'm willing to pay attention to is a baby coming through my vagina.  THEN I'll believe I'm in labor".  :)
  • Options
    that's funny - I love how everyone loves to give you labor signs. Hopefully it's around the corner for you!
  • Options
    I totally feel for you.  That was SO frustrating at the end.  Plus, it seems like everyone starts calling you constantly to see if there is anything happening.  As if you aren't anxious enough, it really starts to wear on you!  Hang in there. :)
  • Options
    Between everyone telling me about my signs of labor and all the other people telling me what to do to induce labor, I was ready to strangle someone by the time I reached week 41!  None of the signs mean anything and none of the "tricks" work!!!
  • Options

imagechickymel:
    I joked yesterday that I broke a fingernail, so I have to be going into labor any day now!

This cracked me up!!!!

Don't worry, girlfriend - eye's on the prize!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"