Pregnant after 35

Santa brought a baby!!

Hi, ladies!

Just wanted to report that Graydon Emerson was born 4 days before his due date on Christmas Eve at 8:56 a.m.; 9 lbs 10 oz (yes, it was a vaginal delivery and yes, I am STILL feeling it!); 21 inches.  

Things didn't go as planned...my water broke in a diner (luckily it was after I ate my french toast and eggs!) and I had to be induced.  That was a reallllly long process (21 hours) which included 3 attempts at an epidural (the second anesthesiologist finally got it); high blood pressure and a fever.  As a result of my fever, the baby was admitted to NICU as a precaution for 48 hours. 

Thankfully, all of his tests came back negative and we were able to leave the hospital on Sunday (just as the first snowflakes from this east coast blizzard appeared) as a family.

We are loving every minute with our sweet little boy.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Santa brought a baby!!

• I remember when you got your BFP- that seems like yesterday!  Congrats!!   9lbs, 10oz - wow!  Now THAT'S a baby!  You beat me (well- my son) by 7 ounces.  Enjoy every minute of being a mom.  You waited a long time for it!
    3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Love your story and so happy that everyone is doing well.  Congratulations!
    Shannon Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations!  What an exciting Christmas.  Poor you with such a big baby, but certainly nice to have Graydon start out at such a healthy weight!  Enjoy him.  And except all offers of help.  You deserve any rest and sleep that you can get!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Strunella-

What a great Christmas present! I just started posting to TTC+35 when you got your BFP.  I loved the surprise of his conception and little Graydon has definitely kept things interesting since.  Too cool he let you eat your breakfast prior to labor I was starving by the time DD got here!! 

Do enjoy it, before you know it he'll be running around the house "bossing" you around!!

JM 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Congrats!
  • OMG! SO happy for you! 9lbs, 10 oz, you go girl. Glad both of you are doing well. And I hope you recover quickly. Congratulations on your beautiful new family and Christmas miracle!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh, congratulations, Strunella!!!  What a wonderful Christmas gift (and yay for getting back home before the blizzard hit)!  So glad you are both doing okay.  Enjoy!!!!

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• Congratulations Strunella!!!  I am so happy for you guys!!!  I love his name!

And yaay for getting home before the snow! 

• so great to see more happy news! thanks so much for posting.  congratulations!

-Pix

About me: A pixie in the city, 41, TTC #1 since May 2010, married 18 years. Diagnosed with, surgically removed, endometrioma Aug.2010 Sept 2010 IUI #1=BFN, Oct=cyst/bfn, Nov 2010 IUI #2 = bfn. Had to postpone IUI #3 b/c of a cyst natural=BFN. Skipped IUI #3, decided to go for IVF. Found/removed uterine polyps Jan 2011. IVF cancelled, no follicles. IVF #2: 3 great embies put in on Easter Sunday = BFN. Hoping for another chance at IVF in July. TTC is NOT for wimps. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/2fab90/ttc.png
  • We haven't "met," but congratulations!  I hope you guys get plenty of rest in the next few weeks!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Congrats!
  • Congratulation! I remember you from over a year and a half ago on TTC after 35. What a great story! Best wishes!

• Congrats!  : )
    Married 5/12/07 Took 3 IUIs and 2 IVFs for our sweet boy He was worth the wait! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"