Washington Babies
Options

Center for Womens Health/Bellegrove OBGYN advice?

Hi everyone,

I currently am at Overlake OBGYN but my nurse practioner cannot deliver. I had my first ultrasound today. I have received a lot of recommendations but everyone seems to be full or scheduled far out. I have always had a femal obgyn, so If possible, I'd like to look for another female. But overall, just looking to be in good hands and deliver vaginally.

For Overlake: I have made an appt/consult with Dr. Brown from Bellegrove and have heard great things about her. However, I am moving to Bothell next month so I have been thinking about consulting with a doctor from Evergreen as well. It will literally be a 5 minute drive from my house. So far, Overlake took up half my day today with waiting times, tests, etc. I understand it's the new year, but I just want to explore my options.

Evergreen: So far, I have callled and Dr. Dydell, Tsuang (Swan) at Eastside OBGYN and they have reached their quota for the month I am expected, so I can't schedule with them. Dr. Keys was highly recommended as well and it looks like she retired over the summer.

I have heard some great things about Center for Women's Health, and Dr. Wells and a few other doctors there. Anyone have any suggestions or personal experiences from doctors at either practices? Thank you so much!

Re: Center for Womens Health/Bellegrove OBGYN advice?

• Options

Isn't it crazy how fast Dr's book up for the month you're due?  I went through that, too.  I was only 8 weeks pregnant when I was making my calls.  I saw Dr Keely Brown at Bellegrove, but only one time, 2 years ago.  I had to start infertility treatments, then, and decided to change OB's and hospitals by the time I was pregnant.  Another Bumpie here, Stacey (preston18), rec'd her to me and has been at that clinic, too.  I used to see a GYN at Center for Women's Health, but she moved to Portland (and she wasn't an OB).

I'm in Mukilteo and decided Bellevue and Kirkland were too far to drive for OB visits and delivery. So, it's not bad to make that choice based on location, too.

GL!

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Options
    imageMrsGladney2b:

I have heard some great things about Center for Women's Health, and Dr. Wells and a few other doctors there. Anyone have any suggestions or personal experiences from doctors at either practices? Thank you so much!

I went to the midwives at the Center for Women's Health and was extremely happy with my care there.  I ended up needing a C section because my DD was in an undeliverable position, and Dr. Wells was my surgeon.  I chose her bc my friend had just delivered her son with Dr. Wells the month before and had great things to say.  I thought she was great, and one of the midwives was there too for support.  I highly recommend checking out the midwife group since the only thing they don't do is C sections- you can still have an epidural, narcotics, etc.  GL!

image Visit The Nest!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used them and was very happy. My GYN, is there too. There are so many benefits of the midwives, and no drawbacks since you have access to any specialty care needs that may arise - and they do all the normal tests an OB would do. I never waited more than :10 for my appts, and they worked closely with Fetal Medicine across the circle when I needed extra U/S's. They really listen and put you in charge of your pregnancy and birth choices (and take your birth "plan" to heart). I loved that I got to meet ALL of them at different appts so at least one would be present at my delivery. I too had a c-section, but only after 2 weeks late and 18 hours of non-progressive labor (and transverse baby). But she stayed with me the whole time and the Dr on-call and anesthesiologist were awesome! My only regret was they don't allow water births there and the tubs in the rooms are blah. But highly reccomend!
  • Options
    At the last minute Dr Wells became our Dr. She was great, easy to communicate with, and polite. I heard she was hard to get an appt with, but we ended up with her because of an emergency cs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I went to Bellgrove for my 2nd pregnancy and after having a few appts I switched back to Swedish.  I had a bad experience regarding testing and one appointment I had to wait over an hour and a half, while the other appointments were at least a half an hour wait. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I see Dr Anton at Bellegrove and love her. I've also seen Dr Moore and she delivered my daughter. I've heard good things about Dr Brown but haven't met her yet.
  • Options
    LOVE Center for Women's Health. I was with the midwife group, but loved it nonetheless.
  • Options

I had Dr. Keys before she retired, and Dr. Russell ended up delivering DD. Dr. Russell was a little quirky, but I liked her.

I think next time I want to use the Midwives at the Center for Women's Health.  I've just heard so many great things about them and I can't use Dr. Keys.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thank you all for your comments. I think I'll be calling on Monday to try to get an appointment with CWH at Evergreen. Im still waiting on my next ultrasound. I was only 6 weeks (about a week earlier than we thought) and no heartbeat yet...kinda nervewracking but they said ti was normal to not see it that early.

Also another thing I wanted to ask about. After calling around originally to find out if doctors were available, most offices wouldnt even schedule me until 8-10 weeks at the earliest...Im still confused as to whymy office wanted to see me at 6-8? When I have read 6 is sometimes too early to see much. I wish I waited because now Im stressing out about my next u/s. So still dealing with my current office and cross my fingers that I get good news next week so that I may reschedule my next visit with a new office. I waited an hour to get into my appt (granted it was on the 1st monday after the first of the year) but sheesh.

• Options

Yes, it is very common to wait until 8-10 weeks.  I was 10 weeks when I had my first appointment.  It seemed to take FOR EV ER for that appointment to get there.  Good luck with the new office!

:)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"