Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Would you take your baby to Red Lobster?

I am dying for some seafood and I want to go out. The closest place here is RL, while I am aware that it's not the classiest joint, it's nicer than say... Applebees.

So, would you take your relatively well behaved but sometimes unpredictable baby there to eat? I'm thinking late lunch/early dinner.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Would you take your baby to Red Lobster?

• I'd definitely take both of my girls there. I see no problem with it at all.

Have a cheese biscuit for me, will ya? Our nearest one is about 2 hours away....and mmm those cheese biscuits.  

• Yes I would take my baby to Applebees/Red Lobster. But I think Applebees is nicer than Red Lobster.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes. Without a doubt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yes.

Now I want there biscuits...thanks a lot.

• Yep, we went last week. Jacob was very well behaved. Other than the occasional happy screech. LOL. But the kid across the room was waaay louder and a lot unhappier and it didn't bother us. It's a family place! =)
  • imageHip2Bsquare:
    Yes I would take my baby to Applebees/Red Lobster. But I think Applebees is nicer than Red Lobster.
    I think it depends on the Applebees. Ours is full of college students doing bad karaoke. I try to avoid that place just for sanity's sake; back home it was a nice place to go wind down after work.
  • Our Red Lobster is pretty much the nicest play in the tri-county area, and we still took Jack. All the waiters and waitresses loved him, played with him, and asked us to bring him back, and this was a Friday night, so it was a hopping joint. I can't wait to go back!
    Jack Anderson 2.28.10 Our amazing little man. image
  • I've taken DS to every chain restaurant around the area. Go for it!
  • We went for mothers day when Dylan was only a month old or so. We saw tons of babies/ kids. I didn't even think twice. To me pretty much any chain restaurant is a family joint.
  • if they have high chairs, do it!  just bring munchies from home and maybe feed baby a little while still at home. 

• Definitely. We haven't been there since DS was born, but the last time we were there for dinner, there were a ton of kids. I think it's definitely a family friendly place.

• our applebees is nicer, too :D

I would. The only one I've been to was like a Red Robin. So it was very kid friendly.

• Absolutely. She does great in restaurants.  It helps that she loves to eat.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Absolutely! You can just make him walk the plank and feed him to the fishes if he misbehaves :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Photobucket
  • Oh yeah!  Go!

We took DS recently to a restaurant.  The few times we have gone out to eat, we do make it a late lunch/early dinner -  mostly because DS wasn't too happy when he was younger when it got loud and busy in the restaurant.  Maybe a little too much stimulation!   But last week, the wait staff and manager all came over to coo over the baby!  Very funny!

Take a chance. Take a risk. Take the initiative. Make your wishes a reality and make your dreams come true!

• of course! We take DS out to eat all the time. I have nieces that have gone to restaurants since day 1 and are very well behaved in them and always have been. I know other kids that rarely go out and are not so well behaved. I'm a firm believer in exposing them early to public places where they will learn early on how to behave.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Red Lobster is not seafood.

That said, they are a family restaurant and would take DS there.

• The Red Lobster here is old and dingy....but OMG those Cheddar Bay Biscuts are amazing *drools*

I would still say the old and dingy Red Lobster is still nicer than Applebee's - ew! I can't stand applebee's though, lol. Even the new (er) ones here and any of them I've ever been too are disgusting. I actually had a roach crawl out from under my plate at the "nicest" one in town (there are 5 within 30 minutes).

Oh - I just remembered there is a newer Red Lobster on the other side of town! I might have to make a trip for the biscuts Wink

To answer your question, yes. Even though Olive Garden isn't "nice" we've taken DS there several times (unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks - yummy!!) and I consider it a lot nicer than RL. We've also taken DS to pretty nice locally owned restaurants and it's been fine (white tablecloth, southern food with a french flair - lol, it's my favorite restaurant and DS has been 3x).

• We've taken our guy to just about every chain I can think of.  He loves it.
  • Also, I would never question taking DS to a chain restaurant - I just don't consider any of them nice enough to not be able to bring a baby to. Ok, maybe not Ruth's Chris, but I wouldn't take myself there (there are better places to eat for less $).
  • imagerenee1.28.06:
    Also, I would never question taking DS to a chain restaurant - I just don't consider any of them nice enough to not be able to bring a baby to. Ok, maybe not Ruth's Chris, but I wouldn't take myself there (there are better places to eat for less $).

I think my personal cut off is bonefish. I've taken her there, and I hated to do it. I felt bad. She was really good, but it just wasnt' appropriate IMO. Any place nicer than bonefish, I definitely wouldn't take her at this age. But thats JMO :D

• We've taken DD there a few times since from the start. So yeah, I'd definitely go! You can ask for orange wedges from the bar too if he likes fruit. They always keep Sophie occupied for a while.

TTC #2 July 2014

Me: 35 DH: 36

FF Chart

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

DD1 Feb 2010

• I would!  I agree with all PP- its a chain and I wouldnt even think twice.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My baby has been to RL probably about 10 times.  We always go around 4-ish because she begins to get sleepy around 5:30.
  • We take Lucy out to dinner all the time.  I really think that the more you take them out the better the are the next time around.  Lucy has this chair and she LOVES to watch everyone around us.  The last time we went out the table behind us was a loud group of adults and they entertained her for 30 mins.  Everyone stopped to talk to her and thought it was the coolest thing they had ever seen.  We've become experts at which tables work at which places and so far haven't found a place that it doesn't work.  We really like it at our local Beef O Bradys' because we can sit near the server entrance and bar, turn her around when she's done eating and she watches all the girls going in and out.  It helps that we eat there enough that she knows everyone and all the regulars at the bar so she is plenty entertained.
  • Pretty much every chain restaurant is family friendly. I can't think of any that aren't.
  • I'd put Red Lobster in the same category as Applebees or Ruby Tuesday and they're all family restaurants.
  • i don't see why you wouldn't! i've taken DD everywhere. Red Lobster, Applebees, buffets, CPK, cheesecake factory and the list goes on. If we go, she goes too!
  • I am just a lurker, but after reading all the replies and seeing how many people like the biscuits red lobster has, I figured some of you may enjoy this recipe. It's a recipe to make them at home and personally I think they taste just as good.

https://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/330/Red_Lobster_Biscuits14007.shtml

As for talking your child to red lobster.. definitely

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thank ladies! I guess I have lost my touch already, LOL. We hardly EVER go out (it's a finance thing) so I just needed a reminder on protocol.
  • imageANJ410:
    Pretty much every chain restaurant is family friendly. I can't think of any that aren't.

I would say the nice steak houses aren't (and no, Outback doesn't count ;) ) Or Legal Seafood is another. Or PF Chang's.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"