Health & Exercise
Options

prenatal yoga video

Can anyone recommend one that they have used?

Thanks! 

Re: prenatal yoga video

• Options

Suzanne Bowen's Long and Lean Prenatal Workout (not fully yoga)

Shiva Rea's Prenatal Yoga

Yoga for Your Pregnancy (Your Guide to Prenatal Fitness and Healthy Birth)

I also just received The Perfect Postnatal Workout for Christmas (I wanted to get some for when baby comes and you can incorporate baby into the exercises).

Good luck! 

• Options

I have used Shiva Rea as well.

I also really like Yoga Booty Ballet, Baby on the Way.  It has some light cardio and weight lifting in it as well as yoga and stretching.  It always feels great to do it!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are these yoga exercises ok during the 1st trimester? I have been reading so many terrible MC stories that I am afraid to couch, stretch, move.... :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageteacherlindz:
    Are these yoga exercises ok during the 1st trimester? I have been reading so many terrible MC stories that I am afraid to couch, stretch, move.... :(

Exercise does not cause miscarriages. Staying active is good for you and for your baby. If there is a problem with how the baby develops or implants, you will miscarry whether you do some yoga or hide in bed. Stop being afraid - it's stressing over something totally out of your control.

My favorite so far is from yogadownload: https://www.yogadownload.com/Classes/ViewClasses/tabid/69/catid/20/ViewClasses.aspx . I've got the free 25 min one and the 50 minute version. Love them.

I also got this for Christmas, but I'm not 100% sold on it. It is "real" yoga, which I like. I did yoga before, so the really gentle ones just bore me. https://www.amazon.ca/Yoga-during-pregnancy-prior-experience/dp/B003TX8QDI/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2EDLLEC789SOC&colid=3UW682VWYOGZ9

• Options

The Jennifer Wolfe prenatal vinyasa yoga DVD- I LOVED it!! It has different length programs- 15,30,45,and a long one that I never did. I highly recommend it if you really want to get a good workout.

When I was at the end of my pregnancy I liked the Shiva Rea DVD because it's more of a gentler, easier practice.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"