2nd Trimester
Options

Unpopular Opinion Thursday!!

Re: Unpopular Opinion Thursday!!

• Options

I personally find 3D u/s kind of creepy looking. My friend got one a year or so ago, and I found it oddly disturbing to know that the baby in her womb had her husband's cheeks.

Babies are beautiful and all that jazz, but I think we'll just wait until our's is here to see what she looks like. Until then, I'm fine w/ the regular u/s to determine that she's growing on track.

(Obviously if you had to get a 3D u/s for medical purposes - and I do know women who have had that happen - that is a different matter.)

• Options
    I hate disney/character themed clothing and nurseries.  Tacky, in my opinion.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMis+Shapes:

ME TOO!!!! Ugh

• Options
    Mine is that not all babies are beautiful. They are precious miracles, but they are not all beautiful. Mine looked like an alien for the first 3 weeks, even to me. I didn't love him less and now he is SO cute, but yowza. In fact I would hazard to say that maybe 10% of the babies I see on the infant boards are what I would call "beautiful" or "cute" the rest are just "babies" and "sqishy". 
  • Options
    imageambrandau2:

I personally find 3D u/s kind of creepy looking. My friend got one a year or so ago, and I found it oddly disturbing to know that the baby in her womb had her husband's cheeks.

Babies are beautiful and all that jazz, but I think we'll just wait until our's is here to see what she looks like. Until then, I'm fine w/ the regular u/s to determine that she's growing on track.

(Obviously if you had to get a 3D u/s for medical purposes - and I do know women who have had that happen - that is a different matter.)

Oh my! I thought I was the only one...glad to know I am not alone. We would have to pay for it out of pocket, $150, so we opted out anyway. But, DH says they creep him out and that while babies are cute, they look a little "alien-like" on those US. So, me, you, and my DH share this unpopular opinion.

• Options

imageMis+Shapes:

Ohh, me too and I don't know why I feel this way...But I do. Sorry anyone out there who loves them, it's just NMS>

• Options

imagePattypoundcake:
    Mine is that not all babies are beautiful. They are precious miracles, but they are not all beautiful. Mine looked like an alien for the first 3 weeks, even to me. I didn't love him less and now he is SO cute, but yowza. In fact I would hazard to say that maybe 10% of the babies I see on the infant boards are what I would call "beautiful" or "cute" the rest are just "babies" and "sqishy". 

I get what you're saying. The other day I saw a baby and my first thought was "wow, I hope he grows into that head." I know baby's aren't proportional when they're born, but this kid had it rough.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage.
  • Options
    I don't know why, but I hate the term "Half Baked".  I think it disturbs me to refer my baby as baking.  It also makes me want some Ben & Jerry's.
  • Options
    imageKacieHill:

imageMis+Shapes:

ME TOO!!!! Ugh

I definitely agree with this as well. Also this is my first child and I am somewhat scared that when the baby comes out I'm gonna be like "yikes", everytime I watch a TV show of a newborn all slimy and blue it freaks me out, I'm hoping I feel differently when its my own child.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsA71010:
    imageKacieHill:

imageMis+Shapes:

ME TOO!!!! Ugh

I definitely agree with this as well. Also this is my first child and I am somewhat scared that when the baby comes out I'm gonna be like "yikes", everytime I watch a TV show of a newborn all slimy and blue it freaks me out, I'm hoping I feel differently when its my own child.

Maybe my "unpopular opinion" really isn't all that unpopular! 

• Options

I hate when moms to be complain about their baby names being ill received. People have opinions, usually they can't help themselves from sharing. Would it be nice if they were able to filter? Yes, but it's a high expectation.

Don't share your names if you can't handle the thought of your Mom or best friend disliking them. There's always the chance they won't.

Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• Options

imagePinkBackPack:
    I don't know why, but I hate the term "Half Baked".  I think it disturbs me to refer my baby as baking.  It also makes me want some Ben & Jerry's.

I don't like that term either! Or "bun in the oven" it just bothers me. And also Half Baked is my favorite Ben & Jerry's! Mmm.

• Options
    I think the MIL hate that i see on here is perpetuated by the DIL most of the time.   So MIL called it "her" baby, FFS she's excited that she's going to be a grandma.  get over it.
  • Options
    imageshanatait2be:
    imageambrandau2:

Oh my! I thought I was the only one...glad to know I am not alone. We would have to pay for it out of pocket, $150, so we opted out anyway. But, DH says they creep him out and that while babies are cute, they look a little "alien-like" on those US. So, me, you, and my DH share this unpopular opinion.

Add me to this list! I've had a few friends on FB post their 3D u/s as their profile pic and it creeps me out! And I really don't understand how some people can look at one of those and claim "Ohhh baby has daddy's smile!".... I didn't know daddy looked like an alien too! Smile  Seriously though, I hope my hubby doesn't want the 3d u/s because they freak me out!

forum
  • Options
    So my unpopular opinion drives my mom nuts, and it's that I don't see the problem with people wanting breastfeeding mothers to use a blanket to cover up.  Tons of people disagree with that, but I don't see the problem with it.
  • Options

imagesamfish2bcrab:
    I think the MIL hate that i see on here is perpetuated by the DIL most of the time.   So MIL called it "her" baby, FFS she's excited that she's going to be a grandma.  get over it.

I agree.

There are some extreme situations, but generally I don't think the poster of the vent is acting any more mature than the MIL.

• Options

imagesamfish2bcrab:

I have to agree with this one! I call my niece my little baby and my sister is already calling the twins her babies. My parents and in-laws say "grandpa's and grandma's little babies". I don't see a problem with it. Be happy they're excited and actually want something to do with your baby!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageMissMommyMac:
    So my unpopular opinion drives my mom nuts, and it's that I don't see the problem with people wanting breastfeeding mothers to use a blanket to cover up.  Tons of people disagree with that, but I don't see the problem with it.

I agree with this.  Yes it's natural and the baby has to eat, but I really don't want to see you whip out your boob at the mall.  A receiving blanket is a nice thing to carry with you.

• Options
    imagelilylow:

imageMissMommyMac:

I agree with this.  Yes it's natural and the baby has to eat, but I really don't want to see you whip out your boob at the mall.  A receiving blanket is a nice thing to carry with you.

That's all I'm saying! Yes

• Options
    I do not think childbirth is beautiful. I am so excited to be a mother and I can't wait, but I think it's gross.
  • Options

imageMissMommyMac:

Which is fine if your baby is ok and doesn't fuss about having a a blanket over him/her. My dd hated it and would kick it off. I thought I was still discrete if I had to nurse in public, but I don't have any problems seeing a nursing mother. I am not going to a bathroom to nurse my child, that is gross.

• Options

I hate the fact that the same ugly green and brown is weaseled into all the color schemes of baby products.  Those colors remind me of puke and poop, (put the green down for poop, too....I've heard stories).  

AND I am very jealous of the all the cute stuff they make for baby girls.   It makes me sad to have to shop in the section of dull and lifeless colors with stupid monkeys slapped on everything.  Even it up, people!

• Options
    imageFacciaBella83:

I hate the fact that the same ugly green and brown is weaseled into all the color schemes of baby products.  Those colors remind me of puke and poop, (put the green down for poop, too....I've heard stories).  

AND I am very jealous of the all the cute stuff they make for baby girls.   It makes me sad to have to shop in the section of dull and lifeless colors with stupid monkeys slapped on everything.  Even it up, people!

The baby boy stuff wasn't as much fun for me at first either.  I wasn't thrilled with everything either having sports themes or trucks on it.  But once I got to start dressing ds like a little man it was a blast to shop for him.  Even though you don't get to do the bows and headbands and stuff like that, little hats and shoes can be just as fun to shop for.   Now I don't even know what I would do in the baby girl sections.  Hopefully it ends up that way for you too!

• Options

imagejesscoletta:
    I do not think childbirth is beautiful. I am so excited to be a mother and I can't wait, but I think it's gross.

I think it's gross too. I love being a mom and I'm excited to have another child but please do not bring a video camera into the room and please do not try to put a mirror down there! Sorry I just don't want to see myself like that.

• Options
    I hate when people on here say to keep your opinion to yourself when in reality by them saying that they aren't either. 
  • Options
    imageMissMommyMac:

imagejesscoletta:

I think it's gross too. I love being a mom and I'm excited to have another child but please do not bring a video camera into the room and please do not try to put a mirror down there! Sorry I just don't want to see myself like that.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it is beautiful but I had a patient once who's insides were on the outside and all I could think was "COOL!!!". Thats why I want to have a mirror or video camera. I don't want to feel left out with whats going on.  

• Options

imagemullenem:
    We just found out this baby is a girl on Monday and I'm already hearing tons of comments about "oooh little princess!" this, and "a sweet little angel" that.  Ick.  Seriously, yes she will be a sweet little baby girl and she can be as girly (or not) as she wants to be, but please don't already start to call her a "princess angel" *BARF*.  I'm ready to get a name out there to start avoiding some of this.

s/o to this: It makes me physically and visibly cringe when people refer to our baby as an "angel."

I have five angels. It REALLY creeps me out to have this child referred to in that way. If anyone gives me clothing with the word angel on it, I will thank them very sincerely, and either exchange or donate the item. I'm sorry if that seems ungrateful, but there is no way she is wearing something with that word on it.

• Options
    imageambrandau2:

imagemullenem:
    We just found out this baby is a girl on Monday and I'm already hearing tons of comments about "oooh little princess!" this, and "a sweet little angel" that.  Ick.  Seriously, yes she will be a sweet little baby girl and she can be as girly (or not) as she wants to be, but please don't already start to call her a "princess angel" *BARF*.  I'm ready to get a name out there to start avoiding some of this.

s/o to this: It makes me physically and visibly cringe when people refer to our baby as an "angel."

I have five angels. It REALLY creeps me out to have this child referred to in that way. If anyone gives me clothing with the word angel on it, I will thank them very sincerely, and either exchange or donate the item. I'm sorry if that seems ungrateful, but there is no way she is wearing something with that word on it.

I totally agree. Every time a friend refers to their angel baby I immediately think something is wrong or that they had a loss, not that they are referring to a healthy child. 

Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• Options
    imageakating:
    imageMissMommyMac:

imagejesscoletta:

I wouldn't go as far as to say it is beautiful but I had a patient once who's insides were on the outside and all I could think was "COOL!!!". Thats why I want to have a mirror or video camera. I don't want to feel left out with whats going on.  

Haha you must have a stronger stomach than I do! I'm that person that can't eat and watch Grey's Anatomy at the same time.

• Options
    imageakating:
    imageMissMommyMac:

imagejesscoletta:

Yeah I can understand that. It can be oddly facinating to see something like that. But to me I just can't stand to watch videos on it or anything. And I do not want to see any of what is going on when I am in Labor.

• Options

imagePinkBackPack:

I hate that phrase also.  I find it disturbing.  It also makes me think of that movie about pot.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsA71010:
    imageKacieHill:

imageMis+Shapes:

ME TOO!!!! Ugh

I completely agree.  They they plop the slimy, bloody baby right on the mom's chest.  Ew.  I really want the nurses to clean off my baby before handing it to me.  Does that make me a bad mom?

• Options
    imageambrandau2:

My dh feels the same way! He says that, this really is the SUPRISE of your child not knowing exactly what he/she looks like. He said he doesn't want to look at them and KNOW what his baby looks like, he wants to be suprised!!!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I also cannot stand "angel"/"angel baby"/etc.  Will never mean anything but a loss to me.

Nor do I like "half baked" So stupid. Plus it reminds me of Urban Decay eyeshadow. Embarrassed

My confession:

I'm having a girl.  And I really, really can't stand all the pink, frilly, frou-frou nonsense outfits that are out there for a girl!!  It annoys me when people say "girls are more fun to shop for!" because I can't stand the crap that they expect girls to wear.  I don't dress in pink frills.  I'm not a girly-girl at all.  I'd rather my little girl be in some cute coureroys or khakis and a simple top. No dresses (except maybe holidays/events?).  Why must it be so tough to find "normal" clothing for a baby girl?! 

• Options

imageMis+Shapes:

I feel the same way!!! I REALLY can't stand Winnie The Pooh stuff IDK why I just can't! Drives me crzy!!! My M-I-L has everything imaginable of winnie the pooh stuff for babies and she tried to make me use it with our oldest. I was like PUKE!!!!! I thought i was alone in this!!!

• Options

imagePattypoundcake:

My husband says the same thing! He pretty much thinks ALL babies are not cute lol! He also said he thought our kids looked like aliens when they were born and one looked like a grandpa lol But as they get older are Adorable lol! How funny someone else thinks like that too!!! I think Most babies are cute but there are DEF. babies that are not. But, I wouldn't be harsh and tell them that!

• Options
    Yeah, I am just weird like that I guess. My dad has been showing me pictures from his paramedic book since I was about 5 so not a whole lot phases me anymore. Except eye problems. UGH gross! 
  • Options

This kinda goes along with the MIL thing.  Recently, I have seen several posts where the OP complains about Mom/MIL/ ILs/siblings/friends are making them do something.  Or they  are forcing their way or "won't take no or  an answer."  It always makes me go " huh."  How can one adult make another adult to do anything, unless they have a gun to their head ?  Do these women not understand that No is a complete sentence and yes it is perfectly fine  to say? 

I also love the " How can I tell them No without upsetting them."  Uhhmm, that might not happen. You are going to be a parent soon and sometimes that means upsetting people for the good of your own family. 

I don't know why it perplexes me so much?  I just have a hard time hearing another grown woman say she is being forced  into something.  Please, you are not being forced into anything.  You are just a doormat.

• Options

haha it may just be hormones but I actually agree with every single one of these " unpopular opinions"  so, some of my own.

I have no intention of giving birth without an epidural

I drink caffeine and eat sugar every single day

I think it is okay for kids to watch SOME TV and I think kids are overprogrammed.  I think it is good for them to have a decent chunk of time where they are just expected to go outside and play without structure or being told what to do. 

• Options

imageMis+Shapes:

Me too!!!  I already informed DH there will be no themed anything, no sheets, no clothes, except a pair of pajamas if the kid really wants it. 

His three plus my one; we are all excited to welcome a little one!

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"