Kentucky Babies

Medical Transcriptionist anyone?

I would like to stay home once LO arrives in June and was wondering if anyone knows anything about this? I have read that you can do this from home and make pretty good money. I don't even know where to begin to look into the whole process? I have worked in healthcare for the past 5 years so this would be perfect for myself. Does anyone know anybody that does this? TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Medical Transcriptionist anyone?

• DH's aunt is in school for this. She is going to a community college for it. I don't think it takes very long to get the degree. I think she has been in school for 2 years (maybe).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • i was thinking about doing medical billing and coding myself and you can do classes online for it im just leary of what sites to go to and if i can really do it from home.  Like ....how do i get the whole ball rolling.....
  • Loading the player...
  • imageDixiebell:
    i was thinking about doing medical billing and coding myself and you can do classes online for it im just leary of what sites to go to and if ican really do it from home.  Like ....how do i get the whole ball rolling.....

This exactly! I just think it would be perfect...if it really is possible to do from home. I really would like to stay at home but we need my income. We could live off DH income but I like to be able to make a trip to the mall or Target or go out to eat with my g/f's when I want. We would have to cut back all of this if I was to quit working completely. Im trying to come up with something.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think the first step is taking some courses because that increases your skill/knowledge level to obtain some jobs. Since you have a healthcare background, I'm sure that will help.

I work from home now as a freelance writer/editor and plan to continue to do that so I can stay at home with the baby. If you have any general questions on doing the work-from-home thing, feel free to ask!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagejs748899:

imageDixiebell:
    i was thinking about doing medical billing and coding myself and you can do classes online for it im just leary of what sites to go to and if ican really do it from home.  Like ....how do i get the whole ball rolling.....

This exactly! I just think it would be perfect...if it really is possible to do from home. I really would like to stay at home but we need my income. We could live off DH income but I like to be able to make a trip to the mall or Target or go out to eat with my g/f's when I want. We would have to cut back all of this if I was to quit working completely. Im trying to come up with something.

yeah i like to be able to grab a shirt from target or go eat with my girlfriend in lexington every now and then and i feel like with just his income i will have no freedom at all to do so anymore. I really need to get on the ball too.... only 9 more weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"