PP question — The Bump
North Dakota Babies

PP question

I'm itching to get back in shape and would love to go on a slow jog. How long do I have to wait before I can resume exercising again? Is it 4 or 6 weeks?

Re: PP question

• I would ask your OBGYN, but I was told to take things really easy the first 2-3 weeks. I was told to only go on walks until 6 week pp checkup. Try taking long walks, I bet Stella would love it.
  • I waited until getting the ok from my OB at my 6 week appt. I did go on lots of walks, but I took it easy. I certainly understand the itch to get going, but don't push it!
  • Loading the player...
  • We did a lot of walking until my 6week PP check up.  Then I got the all clear and ran that night.  It felt great.  But K loved the walking.  I did a couple hills, that makes you feel like you're getting a bit more of a workout than just walking.
  • image dani_girl08:
    I waited until getting the ok from my OB at my 6 week appt. I did go on lots of walks, but I took it easy. I certainly understand the itch to get going, but don't push it!

Ditto. Just take it easy!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker ashley jordan est. 06.07.08 | siesta key, fl
  • I took lots of walks pretty much right away and sadly, I still haven't started working out, but I could have after my 6 week PP appointment.
  • Walks it is. I will just wait it out. Just feeling like a slug, but I know I want my body to heal before I start up any running again. Thanks guys!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards