July 2011 Moms

What weird foods do you eat (pregnant or not)?

I'm sure we all have something we love eating that other people think is weird, so what's yours?

I eat cheese crackers (like Cheez-Its) with cream cheese. I didn't think it was that weird, but I get comments about it being gross quite often. It's so good, though!

ETA: I feel like I only start posts about food lately. Is that weird? I'm just always hungry. ::sigh::

J+C est. 6.22.08
Adele Lorraine b. 7.13.11

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What weird foods do you eat (pregnant or not)?

• I love cottage cheese with salsa.  I don't think its weird but others do!  I haven't been able to eat it since I got pregnant tho.  Spicy food=Terrible acid reflux!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd eat cream cheese on just about anything so I don't think that's strange at all!

I like ketchup and mustard on scrambled eggs.

I mixed white rice, cream cheese, avocado, and Cholula sauce twice for dinner last week.

• Loading the player...
  • I crush up tortilla chips and then add salsa, mix together, and eat in a bowl.  So weird, even I can admit it.  Tasty though!
  • I keep a shaker of red pepper in my desk at work and one at home. I will pour it on just about anything. I like the spice. I haven't really noticed a different palate since I've been PG. I still like the spice!

Oh, and I'll eat dinner food for breakfast. Not really a fan of "standard" breakfast foods. I'd rather have last night's leftovers heated up than a plate of eggs, bacon and pancakes.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• imagedamabo80:

I keep a shaker of red pepper in my desk at work and one at home. I will pour it on just about anything. I like the spice. I haven't really noticed a different palate since I've been PG. I still like the spice!

Oh, and I'll eat dinner food for breakfast. Not really a fan of "standard" breakfast foods. I'd rather have last night's leftovers heated up than a plate of eggs, bacon and pancakes.

I eat dinner food for breakfast, too. My favorite is spaghetti. I most enjoy breakfast foods at dinner. 

J+C est. 6.22.08
    Adele Lorraine b. 7.13.11

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageGracieLouFreebush*:

I like ketchup and mustard on scrambled eggs.

Minus the mustard. :) I'm all about adding ketchup and ranch dressing to most things.

I love warmed up pita bread, hummus and a pickle slice. I thought it was the weirdest combo ever and a coworker had it at least once a week for lunch. She finally convinced me to try it, sooo good.

Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• I am the queen of weird food pairings. My mother refuses to sit next to me when we eat b/c it grosses her out. Some of my favs are sloppy joes with peanut butter on the buns (so good, trust me!), super spicy dill pickles with chocolate (even I can admit its weird) and cheez-its with nutella. I have no idea how/why I started eating these things, but I love them now.
  • imageJay_Cee:
    imagedamabo80:

I keep a shaker of red pepper in my desk at work and one at home. I will pour it on just about anything. I like the spice. I haven't really noticed a different palate since I've been PG. I still like the spice!

I eat dinner food for breakfast, too. My favorite is spaghetti. I most enjoy breakfast foods at dinner. 

Ha! It looks like my stomach has a soul sister!

I most enjoy standard breakfast foods when I'm drunk, it's 3am, and Waffle House is beckoning to me like a heavenly light. Pancakes havenever tasted sooooo good.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• imageMrs.Leah.Maria:
    I'm all about adding ketchup and ranch dressing to most things.

True statement for me too.  Possibly a MN thing.  Haha.

I love a tuna Subway with extra pickles and their sweet onion sauce too.  My H and friends think that's strange.

• I haven't done this while pregnant...yet... but I love sriracha with mayo.  It's really good if you toss bowtie pasta with it!  It is delicious (well I think so...).  I made it for DH one time but didn't tell him what it was...he got all freaked out because it looked like mac and cheese but wasn't so it grossed him out!
    sig-1
  • imagedamabo80:

ME TOO!  I drive people in the office crazy with pizza for breakfast, pasta, egg salad, you name it ! haha.  So I get to work extra, extra early and munch on whatever lunch/dinner food.

• I really like dill pickle, sprout, marble jack cheese, and fresh spinach sandwiches, with mustard. :) My husband thinks it's the weirdest thing. I think he's weird. Stick out tongue
  • Lay's Dill Pickle potato chips and Bacon sandwiches.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

• My husband hates when I eat this....

Cottage Cheese with Cheetos....and not the puffs the original cheetos! UGH they are so delish! :O)

I wish i had some now! :O(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I will eat just about anything if it has A1 sauce on it.  I put it on my mashed potatoes, biscuits, and egg noodles regularly.  My favorite sandwich (pregnant or not) is sour cream and onion potato chips, american cheese, and red wine vinegar. I put chips on just about any sandwich I ever eat, but sour cream and onion chip sandwiches are the best. 
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I will make noodles and put ketchup on them.  I started eating it in college when the cafeteria would have shrimp dishes and I don't eat shrimp.  I'd get plain noodles and put ketchup on them.  It's essentially the same thing as putting spaghetti sauce--both are tomato based!  Hubby used to think it was weird, but he'll eat it now too :)
  • Okay, I'll share my weirdest food pairing. I love diced apples, oranges and lemons marinated in lemon juice and some hot sauce...with saladitos. Saladitos are dried, salted prunes or apricots and they're popular in this part of the SW. My sister and I love to mix all the fruit together with the saladitos and marinate them for a few days in the lemon juice before enjoying them. The combination of sweet fruit with the salty, tangy lemon juice is so good. My mouth waters thinking about it! My DH thinks we're insane so obviously he is not a fan.
  • mac n cheese with sunflower seeds. Yummy!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Turkey and nacho cheese Dorito sandwiches, yum yum!

I put the powder Jello mix on my cottage cheese, so good!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh the list can go on and on...

Peanut butter and dill pickle sandwich slices sandwiches...

French Fries and Chocolate frosty from Wendy's

Original Ruffles with Orange Sherbert

Chili with Peanut butter sandwiches

and Many, Many more!

image I'll take ya for a ride on my Big Green Tractor! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"