Multiples

How far ahead did you measure with twins?

I had an appointment yesterday and she measured my bump, it showed 26cm. I was shocked considering I'm 19 weeks along and feel like my bump is just starting to show.  I've gained 10lbs up to this point and started at a normal weight pre pregnancy.  The OB says I'm doing great and I'm supposed to measure 4-6 weeks ahead with twins.  I just didn't expect that it would measure 7 weeks ahead. 

I just thought I'd see how others measured with your twin pregnancy?

Re: How far ahead did you measure with twins?

• At my last visit, I was just over 19 weeks and I was measuring 26 weeks.  My OB said it's normal. 

And FWIW, I started out with some extra pounds and have gained about 9 pounds up to this point.  I just had my anatomy scan before Christmas and everything was measuring on track and both boys weighed around 8 oz. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebhilyer:

At my last visit, I was just over 19 weeks and I was measuring 26 weeks.  My OB said it's normal. 

And FWIW, I started out with some extra pounds and have gained about 9 pounds up to this point.  I just had my anatomy scan before Christmas and everything was measuring on track and both boys weighed around 8 oz. 

Wow, it sounds like you and I are very close in our pregnancies!  Both my babies were 8oz at the 18 week anatomy scan too.  We're having boy/girl twins. 

• Loading the player...
  • During my 2nd trimester I was typically measuring 5 weeks ahead. As of Mondays apt I am measuring at 39 weeks, so 4 weeks ahead now.

• At my appointment at 22 weeks I was measuring 30 weeks. It's very normal to measure several weeks ahead with twins.
    Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I measured 47 weeks the week before I gave birth at 37w5d!
  • I measured 27 weeks at my 20 week appointment and 31 weeks at my 23 week appointment.  I wasn't feeling that big at that point in time, but I am overweight, so that contributes to the larger measurement.  I feel like I've grown a lot in the last few weeks, and I have another appointment tomorrow, so we'll see how big I'm measuring now.
  • I measured 43 weeks when I gave birth at 35w. I think it was around the 18-20 week point when my measurements jumped ahead of a singleton.
    TTC#1 since Mar 2008. Serious MFI due to cancer. 3 cancelled IUI's, just about every test in the book. IVF#1 - BFP! Twin girls arrived 2/5/10 at 35w2d. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Around 16 weeks is when I began to measure ahead. It was consistently 'ahead' by about 4 weeks until I neared the end. At my last appt (36w) I was measuring 42w. The measurement seemed different depending on which OB measured me as well, for whatever reason.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • That's totally normal, and makes perfect sense considering you have twice the baby (and amniotic fluid, and placenta, if those apply). :) I measured 4w ahead by 16w, 5w ahead by 23w and measured about 8w ahead for the whole third tri.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • I was around 8w ahead at delivery.
  • I've been measuring around 8 weeks ahead for the past few OB visits.  The doctor says it's to be expected with twins, and it's normal.  
    Mom to Boy/Girl twins born 8/2005 (IUI+inj.) 1st IVF= failed 11/2009 (IVF) Lost identical twins 3/10 (FET #1)Early m/c 6/2010 (FET #2) Twin Boys! Born 3/21/2011 @ 36w3d
  • I just had an appointment today. I will be 23 weeks on friday and am measuring 31 weeks! I have put on 26 lbs. I am only 5"2 so I am feeling BIG although I gained 55 lbs with my singleton.
    Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I made it to 38w2d and measured 50 weeks that morning.
  • I consistently measured 10 weeks ahead most of my pregnancy. I didn't start to show until around 18 weeks. I made it to 37w6d and measured 53w that day.
  • i am measuring 11 weeks ahead. doctor doesn't seem concerned at all.
  • At 16w2d I was measuring 20 weeks. At 20w4d I was measuring 28 weeks. At 23w4d I was measuring 34 weeks. I go in again tomorrow and I'm interested to see how far ahead I'm measuring.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • At 22 weeks I was measuring 29.  By 24 weeks I was measuring 35.  I've been measuring about 11 weeks ahead ever since.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"