Babies: 0 - 3 Months

c-section mom's..coughing and incision pain!

I'm 2 weeks out and still cringe everytime I have to cough b/c my incision hurts.....for the most part I feel great and the incision only hurts if I over do it but when will it stop hurting when I cough?

Re: c-section mom's..coughing and incision pain!

• I'm 3.5 weeks out and it isnt so bad anymore...it was like one day I just woke up and I could sneeze, cough, and blow my nose! lol it was wonderful!! it is still SLIGHTLY uncomfotable...but it's not bad at all anymore!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I experienced the same thing...when I sneezed too. I would say give it a full 4-6 weeks. In fact, I'm the exception here but I just had to start a round of antibiotics because I'm still not fully  healed and there's one tiny spot that looks borderline infected. I'm 9 weeks out and it still hurts to wear some pants :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine felt a lot better after 3 weeks or so, bu I remember how hard it was to get a good cough out!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It probably was a good 6 weeks before I could sneeze comfortably.  I wore one of those tummy band things and while it was a little annoying, it help a lot. 
  • Like PPs, it took me a few weeks before I could cough/sneeze/laugh etc comfortably. Nurses at the hospital recommended I hold a pillow up to my belly every time I had to do something like that. While that's not always possible, I did it whenever I could and it made a big difference. They also told me to do cough etc as little as possible lol that's not always easy either!
  • imagemissrachelle:
    It probably was a good 6 weeks before I could sneeze comfortably.  I wore one of those tummy band things and while it was a little annoying, it help a lot. 

I agree the tummy bands do really help.

Thanks, atleast I know there is an end in sight.....I look like an idiot when I have to cough or sneeze b/c I'm trying to let it out slowly :)

• imagehopkins_tj@yahoo.ca:
    Like PPs, it took me a few weeks before I could cough/sneeze/laugh etc comfortably. Nurses at the hospital recommended I hold a pillow up to my belly every time I had to do something like that. While that's not always possible, I did it whenever I could and it made a big difference. They also told me to do cough etc as little as possible lol that's not always easy either!

I stopped having pain at the incision after about a week (very lucky I know) but the nurses suggested the same pillow trick.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• imagemaryellen21:

imagehopkins_tj@yahoo.ca:
    Like PPs, it took me a few weeks before I could cough/sneeze/laugh etc comfortably. Nurses at the hospital recommended I hold a pillow up to my belly every time I had to do something like that. While that's not always possible, I did it whenever I could and it made a big difference. They also told me to do cough etc as little as possible lol that's not always easy either!

I stopped having pain at the incision after about a week (very lucky I know) but the nurses suggested the same pillow trick.

Yes   counterpressure on your incision helps.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"