Toddlers: 24 Months+

What size bed is your 2yo in?

We moved DS into a toddler bed when he was about 19 months old. But now it seems like he's getting too big for it. He insists on sleeping with about 10 stuffed animals so by the time they are all in the bed there's not much room for him. We are going to buy him a new bed in the next few weeks but I can't decide if I want to just get a twin bed or go ahead and get him something bigger. What size bed is your LO sleeping in?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: What size bed is your 2yo in?

• My advice is to just buy a regular twin...we moved DS into a regular twin bed at 18 months and he did great at that age...he even stayed in bed until we came to get him in the mornings and from naps...his bed has a high head and foot board so that helped...as well as a guard rail!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
  • DS is in a full and has been it since day 1 when we switched him out of the crib.  We already had the bed, so we just skipped doing the toddler bed completely.  We thought about buying a twin, but it didn't make sense to spend the money on it.  And besides, eventually DS will be a big teenager and probably won't want to sleep in a twin....so now he's got a bed that will last him until he moves out.
  • Loading the player...
  • DD went straight from crib to twin.  Didn't even use the toddler bed rail that came with the crib.  We positioned it in a corner so one side's along a wall and put on a bed rail.
    BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We haven't moved DS yet but we have a twin bed for him for when we do.
    Robin - CO Mod * RP & JHutch Lover * Hufflepuff
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Books read in 2013: ~ Audiobooks listened to in 2013: 3
    Currently reading: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
    Currently listening to: The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf) image
  • She just turned 2 and is still in her crib... we might be moving in a few months so we aren't too sure what we are going to buy yet. My H wants to get a Queen bed, but i'm okay with converting her crib to the double. We'll see!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • DD is in the toddler bed (converted crib). She's little so I hope it lasts until she's in school.

At that time i'm thinking we'll probably just convert her bed to the full size (but it depends on our housing situation at the time.)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we have DD in a toddler bed, but we limit what she can bring into her room.  Two toys and her pillow.  My older ones are in Twin bunk beds, we don't have room for them to have bigger beds, and I really don't see the need for a larger bed unless you are doubling his room for a guest room when you have people over.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Trying to keep her in a crib as long as possible!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We just switched our daughter over the weekend to a twin bed.  She wasn't sleeping in her bed anyway, she would get up and end up in our bed.  She would sleep fine in our bed.  I just think her crib mattress wasn't near as comfy and plush as our bed.  So we bought her a nice pillow top mattress.  She slept until 7:30 the first night, 5:30 the second, then last night only until 2:30 but she had to pee and my husband just put her in our bed. 

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• lol, DD is still in a crib
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We just moved the girls to toddler beds this past weekend. My girls are on the shorter side, so I think they will be in these until they are about 4. Now when we do move up to a big bed they are going to have to be twins. Because they are twins and share a room, we just don't have the space in their room for (2) full size beds. Now if I only had one and the room would hold it I would absolutely do a full size bed and skip the twin.

If down the road they end up wanting seperate rooms, we will probably end up buying full size beds for them and getting rid of their twins. But this will not happen until they are at least teenagers I suspect because they are same sex twins, they are going to want to be in the same room. Even if they end up with seperate rooms, I am sure they will gravitate into each others rooms at night.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • K is in a full...b/c that's what we already had.  She's done really well with it and we've enjoyed having that size b/c we can sleep in there if she needs 1 of us & reading books before bed is fun too!
    DD 6/17/08, DD 6/9/10, DD 12/15/11
    BFP 5/24/13 - Natural MC 6/7/13
    BFP 8/13/13 - Natural MC 8/27/13
    Ovarian Mass = removal of left ovary & tube 9/13
    BFP 4/24/14 - Tubal Pregnancy 5/7/14
    Removal of  ruptured right tube 5/8/14
    IVF or adoption??
  • we moved from crib to full size 2 weeks ago.
  • Penny is still in her crib, and will be until she complains or tries to climb out. She loves her crib so it might be a while! Next we'll convert her crib to a toddler bed, and once she outgrows that it will be a twin. I guess because I always slept in a twin bed until I moved in with DH, it never occurred to me I might get her a bigger bed.
    Peru!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We moved DD into a toddler bed at about 17 months because my Dad built her one. We are moving her to a twin bed before the baby comes because I need the crib mattress :)
    Addison Elizabeth
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Carter James
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"