2nd Trimester

Anyone purchase a crib from JC Penney?

Hi,  I have been looking and looking at cribs for the last few weeks.  I found the Rockland at JC Penney, but there is only one review for the crib.  Has anyone purchased baby furniture from there and what is your experience?  I know the dresser has to be completely put together which I am not sure I am happy with and not sure if it is all real wood.  I just want a dresser that will take her to the toddler stage.

Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: Anyone purchase a crib from JC Penney?

• We purchased DS's crib, dresser and changing table from JCPenney. We were very happy with it. We are now going to be using it for DD and we purchased all new toddler furniture for DS.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We purchased DD's dresser/changing table from JC Penney and it came to us fully assembled.  The first time they shipped it, it was majorly damaged but they fixed the problem quickly and picked up the damaged one and sent us a new dresser that was perfect.  We will use the same dresser with this LO, it has held up great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We did the Tuscon Standard crib room collection by Rockland. Its the crib dresser and changing chest.

All of it had to be put together. It took DH an hour or so for each piece, it wasn't really that bad.

We are really happy with it. We will probably be getting her toddler furniture instead of moving the furniture with her but I can't imagine the dresser not working for a toddler if that's what you chose to do.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We ordered the Tori room package in expresso and everything came assembled except for the crib.  We love it!  It looks very nice and seems to be made really well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • https://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=72889&CatID=72889&Grptyp=PRD&ItemId=137cef1&cm_mmc=ShoppingFeed-_-Smarter-_-Furniture-_-Renew Combo Dresser by Rockland Antique White Cherry Coffee&srccode=cii_14536993&cpncode=22-93212428-2

Here there are 4 reviews listed. You might also be able to find more reviews on google. Each brand is different so just because you bought it from Jcpenney doesn't mean it is good or bad quality. You could post a question on yahoo answers and ask for people to review what they have gotten. You might find more luck that way.

I got my crib, dresser and changing table from JCpenney but opted out of a different one I had my eye on because I didn't like the reviews. The one I got was perfect for me. It was mostly easy to put together and the only tools we needed for it was a screw driver. There are MANY different brands being sold online so don't just get it because others have said JCpenney is a good site.

• We bought the Rockland convertible crib in coffee for my daughter and love it. We did have to assemble everything ourselves but I haven't had any problems with it. We liked it so much we bought the same furniture for LO#2 in white!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemeggs100:

We bought the Rockland convertible crib in coffee for my daughter and love it. We did have to assemble everything ourselves but I haven't had any problems with it. We liked it so much we bought the same furniture for LO#2 in white!

Same for me. I will say that the wood slats on the crib are rather flimsy -- they will bend if an adult applies pressure -- but they're plenty strong enough to stand up to a baby/toddler. We bought a second JCP crib for No. 2.

Part of the reason I'm happy with the Rockland crib is that I don't expect it to last forever and ever and ever. Eventually we'll convert it to a toddler bed and then to a full head/footboard set, but for the price, I won't be upset if we have to replace it in the next 10 years. You know?

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We purchased a convertible crib for DD#1 from JCP and had a great experience.  It is real wood and was easy to put togther.  I had it shipped to the store for free shipping and my only issue was getting someone with a truck to go pick it up for us.  Its only been 10 months but so far so good.  This one os a dropside and I LOVE it.  I know a lot of people think its unsafe and they are now banned but we made sure to follow the directions and have checked it regularly.  Wish I could get a second dropside from JCP for #2.

This time around we bought a changing table and crib for DD#2 and had another great purchase.  We haven't put it together yet but we bought another convertible.  Both the crib and the changing table are real wood.

All cribs have to meet the same safety guidelines so you are pretty much deciding on style and price.  JCP has always been a great experience for me.  If I ever have a problem I know I can go back with little to no problems to exchange or get my issue resolved.

• imageTDFS:
    We ordered the Tori room package in expresso and everything came assembled except for the crib.  We love it!  It looks very nice and seems to be made really well.

I'm very glad to see this. We're ordering the Tori package this afternoon, it's on sale right now, such a great price for three pieces of furniture. We're also considering getting the hutch for the changing table. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic "Mom's Hot Dog Dance is hysterical."
  • imagekmw325i:

imageTDFS:
    We ordered the Tori room package in expresso and everything came assembled except for the crib.  We love it!  It looks very nice and seems to be made really well.

I'm very glad to see this. We're ordering the Tori package this afternoon, it's on sale right now, such a great price for three pieces of furniture. We're also considering getting the hutch for the changing table. 

I know...the sale price is awesome. We ordered it the moment it went on sale. It looks great in our nursery. The door knobs that come with the dresser and changing table are nice, but we replaced them with some brushed nickle ones and it made the set look even more elegant.  We wanted the hutch, however, it doesn't come in espresso and so we weren't able to get it.  I will tell you that the espresso is not nearly as dark as I thought it would be and to be honest, I'm glad....it is a perfect color. Good luck on your decision.  If you end up purchasing it, I hope you llike it as much as we do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"