North Dakota Babies

crap. (updated)

We got the date for E's Baptism/Birthday extravaganza set at the church.

I call the club to book the room, and of course it is booked because it's Super Bowl Sunday! Sh!t. I wasn't even paying attention when the dang super bowl is.

do you think I should still try to plan the party that day? I don't really care, but I know people are already gonna have plans and places will be hard to find. urgh!

ETA: I guess we could do a Baptism/Birthday/superbowl party. Oh my...

See reply after Ashley for update. I'm lazy, sorry girls. TIA.

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

Re: crap. (updated)

• You know your crowd best, but I personally would not try to compete with the super bowl. That stinks!
  • imageMrsBlayne:
    You know your crowd best, but I personally would not try to compete with the super bowl. That stinks!
    This exactly.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsBlayne:
    You know your crowd best, but I personally would not try to compete with the super bowl. That stinks!

Ditto.  Besides, I think your hands would be quite full with the baptism/birthday part!

I don't know anything about baptisms... can it be done on Saturday instead? 

Anniversary
  • imagetrevess:
    imageMrsBlayne:
    This exactly.

I agree.  And even more so since you're on the west coast.  At least on the east coast the game doesn't start until 6.  

• I wouldn't compete with the superbowl (although I kinda did last year for my baby shower, not on purpose).
  • My friends wouldn't mess with celebrating with the baby and the superbowl.  So what would your crowd think?
  • imageAshleysred:
    My friends wouldn't mess with celebrating with the baby and the superbowl.  So what would your crowd think?
    I'm not too sure. I need to put some feelers out. Usually someone from my group of friends hosts a casual g2g, it's not usually that a big deal in my group. My parents friends are usually at an annual chili cook-off at their club. Mil/sfil drink all the time anyway, and FIL's friends host a party in The same city that people could easily make it to after stoping by.

I was looking at other locations that we could have it at today. Coincidentally, the most affordable place , on the water (DH wants something at the beach), is my BFF's parent's club. If we go w/ that date I don't want it at a restaurant.

so here's my idea-

Mass is at 1130am should be done by 1pm. If I have everything set up before church, everyone could head over to the club w/ lunch to be at 130, cake smash at 230, prezzies if any, followed by kickoff at 330, and everyone could stay to watch the game and I'd continue to have apps passed. There is a TV. I wasn't planning on games. The room holds about 50 people.

I have 2 white couches from the lounge area I set up at our wedding, so I can use those, and do a white theme with some pink flowers (help Sarah!!!)and gold accents, but not over the top Girly.

I was planning on serving booze, so I'll do champagne, wine & beer.

I'm not sure on menu yet, but maybe salads, sweet potato fries, fried Mac n cheese, I'm thinking kid/football friendly heavy apps. W/grilled kabobs & veggies as the main dish?

if I do a STD postcard I think it might work, but this may just be too much.

the date is pretty much our only option, until may and I have no idea what shape my dad will be in by then.

• I think your plan sounds good if you are up for it!
  • Sounds good!  I would skip the STD.  I think that's a bit over the top.  If it's less than 50 people, chances are this is a close group of friends and family so they would opt for your event before a Super Bowl party.  Or if people had other plans, they could always leave at 3.
  • imageMrsBlayne:
    I think your plan sounds good if you are up for it!

This! I would also skip the STD unless you're inviting LOTS of people. I think word-of-mouth "std" is fine, and that way you can subtly explain the situation and why it has to happen now. I think people will understand, and those that don't - well I'm sure you can guess what I think of them ;)

Of course I can help you with the flowers & anything else you need help with! I think it will be fun, and I love the ideas for the food.

• Yeah, after sleeping on it, no way for an STD, that's exactly what I was trying to avoid. I think I'll send an email out to friends and family. After going over my guest list this am it's going to be mostly family anyway so o think it'll work. Er, I hope.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"