Hawaii Babies
Options

Census! How Did Your LO Arrive?

I think I've covered all of the possibilities, short of going into labor on a plane or in a field somewhere - let me know if I've missed something!
[Poll]

Re: Census! How Did Your LO Arrive?

• Options
    I got induced, had R vaginally w/pain relief but I was sooooo super close to a c-section!
  • Options

imagejaysgirljulie:
    I was sooooo super close to a c-section!

Me too, I pushed for 2 hours, oy vey.

Arrived 4.5 weeks early due to PROM
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Cerclage placed @ 21w6d due to CI (IC)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    exactly what I wanted, vaginal birth - no pain relief - with the exception of having to be at the hospital 
  • Options
    Vaginal birth, started pushing just before 7:30 and he arrived at 8:08 pm.  Had an epi when I was 5cm but could definitely FEEL when pushing, not sure what happened there.  No regrets though.
    I love Hawaii!

Tara & Ian . 4/24/2008 . The Kahala Planning . Married

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    plan was vaginal birth, no pain relief.  but, gave in and got the epi when i was almost 8cm and my cervix started swelling b/c I couldn't fight the urge to push.  after I fully dialated, pushed for 40 min and out he came!
  • Options
    imageKShiz:

imagejaysgirljulie:
    I was sooooo super close to a c-section!

Me too, I pushed for 2 hours, oy vey.

Yeah, this was why I ended up with the c-section. 2 hours of pushing, and 22 hours total of labor and I was beyond exhausted (my contractions were actually weakening even though they kept increasing my pitocin drip). It was one hell of a marathon!

• Options
    I picked the last one, b/c my water broke on its own, but there was meconium in it, so 4 hours later they induced me and 8 hours after that we started pushing, only to end up with a c/s.
  • Options

Hey! My option was not represented. I had a c-section, but it was NOT scheduled and it was NOT an emergency. I was induced and after trying for 24 hours, baby was not coming so we chose to do a c-section instead of risk putting her in distress and having to have an emergency c-section. :-)

I chose c-section emergency since it seemed closest to what happened, but it wasn't really an emergency... 

Malia & Dave & Alexa
    Happily married since 2-17-08! Three since 9-9-09!
    Baby Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagemyday1708:

I chose c-section emergency since it seemed closest to what happened, but it wasn't really an emergency... 

me, too

it was not an emergency c-section but due to "failure to progress" as they call it. after 2+ hours of pushing and me feeling like i was going to die of pain due to the pitocin making the contractions stronger (my water broke and there was meconium in it) i opted for the c-section. got the epi but then i couldn't feel the muscles needed to push so they turned it off...pushed for a while more and still wasn't getting anywhere so they turned the epi back on "a little" and i got some better pushes in but she was sunny side up and we later found out that my pelvic inlet is too small so she was never coming out on her own (doh!)

• Options
    imagemyday1708:

Hey! My option was not represented. I had a c-section, but it was NOT scheduled and it was NOT an emergency. I was induced and after trying for 24 hours, baby was not coming so we chose to do a c-section instead of risk putting her in distress and having to have an emergency c-section. :-)

imagemrspresley:

me, too

it was not an emergency c-section but due to "failure to progress" as they call it. after 2+ hours of pushing and me feeling like i was going to die of pain due to the pitocin making the contractions stronger (my water broke and there was meconium in it) i opted for the c-section. got the epi but then i couldn't feel the muscles needed to push so they turned it off...pushed for a while more and still wasn't getting anywhere so they turned the epi back on "a little" and i got some better pushes in but she was sunny side up and we later found out that my pelvic inlet is too small so she was never coming out on her own (doh!)

I had the same thing, but I called it "emergency" in the poll since that's what they call anything other than a scheduled c-section in Australia (even if it's not technically an emergency). I guess they don't use that term as freely in the States? 

• Options
    imageredshoegirl:
    imagemyday1708:

imagemrspresley:

me, too

I had the same thing, but I called it "emergency" in the poll since that's what they call anything other than a scheduled c-section in Australia (even if it's not technically an emergency). I guess they don't use that term as freely in the States? 

Pretty much the same story here. I labored for 22 hours and H didn't budge AT ALL after 2 hours of good pushing.  My OB said that even if we could somehow get his head out, he might get stuck at the shoulders and then we'd have a real emergency on our hands.  So we opted for the c/s, but it wasn't referred to as an "emergency" c/s.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"