VBAC

I tried..birth story

My water broke 9p Sun night (26th) and we were having a full blizzard.  It took some coordinating trying to get someone to watch our 2yr old considering traveling was not advised.  Thankfully I had called in sick to work because of one of those feelings.

Anyway we got to the hospital around 10:30-11ish, and  I needed antibiotics for Group B so I had an IV right away.  Because of Previous C/S I had to be constantly monitored, this along with adding pitocin after a few hours made no epi impossible.  I was in pain with contractions and had to be in a position where they could hear baby heartbeat.  So after apx 11hrs I got the epi.

Long story short around 4p Monday I made it to 10 and was told I could push for an hour but he had rotated and was now face up and that combined with an already large head they weren't optimistic but told me to go for it.

At 5:30pm via C/S our little man was born  7lb 13oz and 20 3/4 in 2 weeks early.  It was a great experience, my doctor let me try and the C/S was easier than the previous I didn't get the shakes as badly either and was able to nurse in recovery room.

My previous C/S was failure to progress and something with LO's heartbeat.  I progressed this time but our little guy had different plans.

Good luck to all of you with your VBAC!

Re: I tried..birth story

• Congrats on your little boy! Thanks for sharing your story. I'm glad it was a better experience even though it wasn't a VBAC. I hope you're feeling better too and your recovery is going well.
  • Congratulations!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Natural complete miscarriage 3.16.11. Baby was 14 weeks 5 days. Meet you soon, little one.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelorryfach:
    Congrats on your little boy! Thanks for sharing your story. I'm glad it was a better experience even though it wasn't a VBAC. I hope you're feeling better too and your recovery is going well.

Ditto this.  Thanks so much for sharing your story.  Enjoy your beautiful new baby :)

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats on your new LO and thanks for sharing your story!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats on your son! I'm sorry that you didn't get your VBAC. I hope that you are at peace with your experience.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats!  Sometimes baby has their own plans:-)  I am glad your recovery was easier and of course, a healthy baby is always the goal! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Congratulations on your little guy! Glad to hear things were better this time!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Thanks ladies good luck to all of you!
  • Congratulations. I'm glad your recovery is going well and that your son arrived on the day he chose.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Congratulations!  I'm glad your having a much easier recovery.

BabyFruit Ticker

IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/qpqv84.jpg[/IMG]

Patiently waiting for little brother!

• Congrats on your little guy! :)  So happy it was a better experience than your first c/s. 
  • GO YOU! And congrats on the boy!

I'm glad to hear it was a good experience even though it wasn't what you had planned, and I think you're a total champ for doing it all!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"