North Dakota Babies

Healthy Finger Food Ideas

Hayden is REALLY into finger foods these days, so I'm trying to think of more foods that are easy for her to eat but also healthy. So far, she eats steel-cut oats, edamame (cut in half), fruits rolled in crushed oats (easier to pick up), black beans, chicken pieces, yogurt puffs & quinoa. We haven't moved onto cheese yet, but I'm going to introduce it soon. Other ideas?

Re: Healthy Finger Food Ideas

• Steamed veggies! I found some cubes, steam in the bag butternut squash at wal mart. Others I'm planning to try are baby carrots and broccoli. I have also given her peas. Also, cereal and super puffs.
  • We have done grilled cheese sandwiches.  She loves them.  Bagel with a cream cheese/avocado spread.  Whole wheat pasta noodles, sometimes if I make sauce I will put a little of that on their for her.  Steamed veggies, she could take them or leave them but usually eats them.  Scrambled egg yolk.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAshleysred:
    We have done grilled cheese sandwiches.  She loves them.  Bagel with a cream cheese/avocado spread.  Whole wheat pasta noodles, sometimes if I make sauce I will put a little of that on their for her.  Steamed veggies, she could take them or leave them but usually eats them.  Scrambled egg yolk.
    Bagel? Sandwich? Does she gum them, or does she have teeth? I have seen where some others were giving their kids sandwiches, and I saw Mel gives Gianna waffles. I haven't tried anything like this because she has no teeth and I didn't think she could do it. I think it would be sweet if she could eat a sandwich though.
  • Gianna has 5 teeth now and we all know how much she likes baby food lol so this has been my mission to find finger foods for her! So far I have given her mini waffles, mini cinnamon toast waffles, mini pancakes, bagel, green beans, puffs, little crunchies (her absolute favorite), cheese, English muffins....and she uses a mesh feeder for watermelon etc too... Love this post though because I need more ideas!!!
  • imageMrsBlayne:
    imageAshleysred:
    We have done grilled cheese sandwiches.  She loves them.  Bagel with a cream cheese/avocado spread.  Whole wheat pasta noodles, sometimes if I make sauce I will put a little of that on their for her.  Steamed veggies, she could take them or leave them but usually eats them.  Scrambled egg yolk.
    Bagel? Sandwich? Does she gum them, or does she have teeth? I have seen where some others were giving their kids sandwiches, and I saw Mel gives Gianna waffles. I haven't tried anything like this because she has no teeth and I didn't think she could do it. I think it would be sweet if she could eat a sandwich though.

I was wondering the same thing!

We have done the egg- both scrambled & hard-boiled yolk.  I forgot about the avocado- we have some in the fridge!  I should also steam more veggies (duh!) Thanks for the recs!

• K only has two bottom teeth, her top teeth are nubs that I can see whiteness through the gumline but no actual teeth.

I give her mini bagels. She gums them like crazy, I think she likes it for teething.  She is down for chewy, gumable things.  I smash down the grilled cheese sandwiches while I am cooking them.  Everything I give her is ripped or cut into little pieces.

I feel more comfortable giving her breaded stuff, it mostly gums down and dissolves better than the fruits do.  But steamed veggies work because they dissolve so easily too.  K has eaten waffles and pancakes.  She loves them.

• imageAshleysred:

K only has two bottom teeth, her top teeth are nubs that I can see whiteness through the gumline but no actual teeth.

I give her mini bagels. She gums them like crazy, I think she likes it for teething.  She is down for chewy, gumable things.  I smash down the grilled cheese sandwiches while I am cooking them.  Everything I give her is ripped or cut into little pieces.

I feel more comfortable giving her breaded stuff, it mostly gums down and dissolves better than the fruits do.  But steamed veggies work because they dissolve so easily too.  K has eaten waffles and pancakes.  She loves them.

I'm going to have to let Briley branch out!
  • imageMelVic:
    Gianna has 5 teeth now and we all know how much she likes baby food lol so this has been my mission to find finger foods for her! So far I have given her mini waffles, mini cinnamon toast waffles, mini pancakes, bagel, green beans, puffs, little crunchies (her absolute favorite), cheese, English muffins....and she uses a mesh feeder for watermelon etc too... Love this post though because I need more ideas!!!

After writing this I noticed my child eats ALOT of carbs lol...

• 100 BLW recipes, all finger foods!

https://www.sept09bbccontest.com/100BLWrecipes.pdf 

Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"