High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Wegner's during pregnancy...

Hello. I'm just wondering if anyone out that has had/is currently going through pregnancy with an active case of Wegner's? I don't want to be alone.

Wegner's is an autoimmune disorder that attacks your lungs, kidneys, eyes, etc. I've had 2 boughts of it will successful remission when on methotrexate. I had to stop the metho though in order to get pregnant. We succeeded after the manditory 6 month "wash out" period, but unfortunetly I had an ectopic pregnancy and had to have it surgically removed. Well now after trying for 5 months We've succeeded!! But the major down fall is my Wegner's is back in my lungs and I can't be on any meds.

Can anyone point me in a direction? Does anyone know of a similar case?

Re: Wegner's during pregnancy...

• Options
    Well I'm still hopeful there's someone out there that I can talk to:). I guess even among high risk I'm rare:) Well all is well so far. I'm only 5 weeks and my MD said I don't have to go on my meds if I choose not too.
  • Options
    I am not sure if I can help you or not. I had wegner's in high school and it really only effected my kidneys. When I had a transplant in college my Wegner's went in remission. I did take anti-rejection meds during my pregnancy and I know that they do use it sometimes to help treat Wegner's. If I can help you in any way let me know. Send me a pm.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"