South Florida Babies
Options

How much is/did your 8/9 wk old eat?

At last appt (1 month ago), boys were eating pretty consistently 4oz/feeding. Pedi said to increase if they appeared hungry when they finished their bottle... so I did 2 wks later to 5oz.  And they chugged it.  Talking to my SIL, my niece (2 days older then boys) was/is only eating 3-4oz/feeding.  Her pedi said 5oz was too much.  Everyone I have spoken to have been shocked to hear they eat so much.  So we cut them back to 4-4.5oz/feeding, but they appeared to still be hungry afterwards.  This week I decided they needed to eat and gave them the 5oz again (initially DH had put them on the "diet").

Last night I spoke to their pedi, and she said 5oz was a lot but we needed to do what we needed to do.  The boys just aren't "textbook children" (meaning they aren't the average child).

So, anyway, how much are your kiddies eating?  Am I going to have super chunkers?  

-- Jackie
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: How much is/did your 8/9 wk old eat?

• Options
    Camryn was a PIGGY! By 6 weeks she was eating about 6oz every 4 hours. My pedi said it was fine and to listen to her. If she needed it, she would want it. Brayden is only 11 days old and will eat 4oz at times. (he's mainly 3-3.5oz every 3-4 hours right now)
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Elise has about 6 feedings of 5.5 oz each.  Sometimes, she'll want more so I give it to her.  The only thing I try to do is to hold her off if she starts to get fussy before the 3 hours bc that is a lot to digest in such a short time. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Jackie, in NO WAY are your kids over eating.  Your pedi will let you know if they are gaining weight too quickly, but they all go through growth spurts, eat like piggies, then you'll see in a month, they'll only eat the tiniest amounts and you'll freak out all over again.

Don't compare the boys to any one else's kids!!  I'm sure you eat more/less than other people your age, it's no different with babies :)

• Options
    4-4.5 oz is what Ethan drank when 8 weeks old. he now drinks 5-6 oz. All babies are different and if ok with your pedi, then let the boys enjoy a 5oz feast! :)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Nadia was a big eater as an infant (& still is as a toddler!) If they're hungry- then feed them more. All babies are different- don't worry if your drink more then your sil baby does.
  • Options
    imagecocojack10:

At last appt (1 month ago), boys were eating pretty consistently 4oz/feeding. Pedi said to increase if they appeared hungry when they finished their bottle... so I did 2 wks later to 5oz.  And they chugged it.  Talking to my SIL, my niece (2 days older then boys) was/is only eating 3-4oz/feeding.  Her pedi said 5oz was too much.  Everyone I have spoken to have been shocked to hear they eat so much.  So we cut them back to 4-4.5oz/feeding, but they appeared to still be hungry afterwards.  This week I decided they needed to eat and gave them the 5oz again (initially DH had put them on the "diet").

Last night I spoke to their pedi, and she said 5oz was a lot but we needed to do what we needed to do.  The boys just aren't "textbook children" (meaning they aren't the average child).

So, anyway, how much are your kiddies eating?  Am I going to have super chunkers?  

Our "chunker" eats 5-6 oz per feeding...I nurse him (gets about 2 oz from me) and then I supplement and he drinks 4 oz of formula...sometimes he leaves an oz. but it could be because my supply is increasing so he may be getting more now at the breast.  Our pedi says 4-6 oz is what he should be eating.  Not sure if his weight (now 13 lbs) has to do with it too. 

Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • Options
    imagecocojack10:

Our "chunker" eats 5-6 oz per feeding...I nurse him (gets about 2 oz from me) and then I supplement and he drinks 4 oz of formula...sometimes he leaves an oz. but it could be because my supply is increasing so he may be getting more now at the breast.  Our pedi says 4-6 oz is what he should be eating.  Not sure if his weight (now 13 lbs) has to do with it too. 

Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • Options
    My 3 month old is still on 5oz when she gets a bottle. Haha. You have little porkers on your hands but that is OK. You feed them what they need and its all good. I think my nephew (5 days younger than Isabelle) was drinking 6oz when Isabelle was still drinking 4oz. Every baby is different. And if yours go up to 4-5 hours between feedings at a time then it makes sense that when they do eat they would want more.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageMellyMelB:
    My 3 month old is still on 5oz when she gets a bottle. Haha. You have little porkers on your hands but that is OK. You feed them what they need and its all good. I think my nephew (5 days younger than Isabelle) was drinking 6oz when Isabelle was still drinking 4oz. Every baby is different. And if yours go up to 4-5 hours between feedings at a time then it makes sense that when they do eat they would want more.

Thanks Mel... but now they are more consistent at 3-3.5 hrs!  LOL  Doctor said that it was a lot, but they just aren't "text book" babies.  We find out Wed how much they are weighing... which is a lot!  Some of their 3 mo clothes is snug already.  Crazy.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"