D.C. Area Babies
Options

Inova Fairfax Delivery - Private/Shared Room question

I am going to be delivering at Inova Fairfax for this pregnancy, I was previously at Inova Loudoun. I saw Fairfax now was the Amenities Program where you pay $25 for "preference" for a private post partum room. Has anyone recently delivered at Fairfax or planning to, and have any info? What is the likelihood of actually being able to get a private room?? I will be having a repeat c-section this time around due to a previous c-section and complications last time so I will be likely delivering in the morning and have a scheduled date. I am feeling pretty concerned about possiblity sharing a room with someone after and the implications of that (my husband not being able to spend the night, etc.).. any one have any experience with delivering at Fairfax??

Thanks!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Inova Fairfax Delivery - Private/Shared Room question

• Options
    I just delivered there in June.  The $25 fee is for the "Mommy and Baby" program (or something like that.)  It's a GREAT idea.  They did it to compete with all the local hospitals who have private rooms as the norm.  You get a private room, a bunch of free parking passes and a voucher for a meal, as well as a good bag of toiletries and a shirt for baby.  On our tour, they said they'd never had to deny anyone a private room who had signed up for one.  Hope this helps!  I would say you shouldn't be too concerned about not getting a private room.  (Plus, all of the shared rooms on our hall were only being occupied by one person, so they actually had a better deal because the husband had his own bed!)
    A Tale of Infant Cataracts eyelovejack.blogspot.com
  • Options
    No experience delivering there but if it's only $25 that's a good deal to get a private room!!!!! 
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Just delivered there in October and the $25 was totally worth it!!  They said they rarely have to deny someone a private room, but I know when I was there that some of the shared rooms definitely had 2 people and there were maybe 1-2 private rooms that were empty (I guess for people who had paid, but hadn't been brought up to the family centered unit yet?).  I paid when checked in for my induction.

I am so glad I had a private room.  I can't imagine sharing a bathroom with someone post-delivery or having their baby wake me or my baby up (or vice-versa).  LO stayed in my room the entire time.  Also, I believe your husband can't stay the night if you don't have a private room...

• Options
    As PP said, they rarely deny someone a private room.  I had my last baby there when it was a $100 a night and we had no problem and I talked to the intake nurse earlier this week and she said unless there is a veritable baby boom, there is generally space to accomodate all private room requests.  As to husband rooming in, I didn't have DH stay with me last time, I figured someone deserved a good nights rest, and won't this time either.  My parents will be here taking care of DD but I think that it would be wise for DH to be home with her at least at bedtime. 
  • Options
    Delivered there in July, paid my $25, got my private room. Like other's said, they've never had to deny (that's what they told me anyhow). It is worth it since you get the parking and meal voucher. There is no way my DH would have wanted to stay the night in the one chair they provided in the room, but that's just us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We did the Mommy and Me package, almost exactly a year ago.  Totally worth it!  I was concerned about the same thing and we did not have to deal with it.  In fact, both rooms on either side of me were empty the three days I was there (like you, I had a c-section).  Everyone was wonderful.  Like pp said, you pay the $25 at check-in.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The $25 Baby and Me amenities package provides 3 parking passes, a meal ticket for your spouse/coach, a baby t-shirt, a toiletries kit for you and automatically indicates your preference for a private room. Since we have begun the Baby and Me Program over a year ago, we have accommodated every request for a private room.

Posted on behalf of Inova Health System.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"