March 2011 Moms
Options

Nesting yet?

Anyone else?  Yesterday was a good 13 hour cleaning/organization marathon.  Told DH he may want to get a hotel room after work since he couldn't even get in the door!  Now I'm up early just waiting for him to wake up so I can start again!  Hope this doesn't mean she's coming early?!

Re: Nesting yet?

• Options
    is it still considered nesting if I want to clean, but want to hire someone to do it? :)  Just not physically motivated to tackle the projects yet...
  • Options
    My husband is the one nesting :) He wants the nursery done by tomorrow. I have to keep reminding him that it won't happen because the crib won't be here till next week. It's pretty awesome to see him so excited about the baby! I wish I could get into nesting mode but bed rest has me very limited.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh my goodness yes!!!! I HATE cleaning/organizing, so anything I "Want" to do is considered nesting in my book.  I came home and emptied out the kitchen cupboards and re-organized them... threw out a garbage bag of things I didn't even know we had (old things from when his parents were alive and lived here)  It was kinda scary digging back into cupboards I don't usually open, but so exhilerating to throw things out and get things in places! 
    HarLynn's mama
  • Options
    I don't know if I'd call it nesting, but I am cleaning out all of the crap in our house, and LO's room.  It's been a default storage area for the last 18 months, and we need to make room for him!  Since I"m off from work this week, I thought I'd take advantage of my time. 
    Baby Boy Born 3.15.11. 8lb 9oz, 21.75in. 6 month stats: 20lb 11oz (92%tile), 30.12in.(100%tile - who knew it went over 99th? Which means 100% of other 6 month olds are shorter than mine!)
  • Options

I need some of your nesting energy soon or this baby's big sister is not going to have anywhere to sleep! 

At least we started taping off where to paint..I guess thats better than nothing!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes I hit Nesting mode right away. I'm glad I did then because now I'm too tired to do anything lol. I really want to paint my bathroom and put some shelves up etc this weekend but I don't know if that will happen.
    Baby, you've got the sort of eyes that tell me tales...
    :Blog:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i want to nest so bad but with sciatic/back pain and feeling so uncomfortable it's hard to do.  i don' know if i will ever hit the nesting mode, but i will be starting a list of things to clean/organize before baby gets here and i will just force myself with the help of DH to do it.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagepaulaDPT:
    is it still considered nesting if I want to clean, but want to hire someone to do it? :)  Just not physically motivated to tackle the projects yet...

No, you will know when it hits....b/c you will get the energy and the WANT to do things!

I have been going like a mad woman since last week! I crash pretty hard in the evenings, and usually end up with a dose of tylenol...but I am getting a TON done!

• Options

Oh my goodness....I am having serious issues with the nesting thing.  This week it has hit me like a ton of bricks!  I was so relaxed until I hit 30 weeks and then I started to panic!  I am a list-maker, and I have this LONG list of things for me and DH to get done before Parker arrives....combine this with the fact that EVERYONE keeps insisting that I must be further along than 30 weeks because I am so big, and you get one frazzled Mama! 

DH is sort of "nesting" too, but in a more relaxed, healthy way.  Thank the Lord.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagerac20585:

Oh my goodness....I am having serious issues with the nesting thing.  This week it has hit me like a ton of bricks!  I was so relaxed until I hit 30 weeks and then I started to panic!  I am a list-maker, and I have this LONG list of things for me and DH to get done before Parker arrives....combine this with the fact that EVERYONE keeps insisting that I must be further along than 30 weeks because I am so big, and you get one frazzled Mama! 

DH is sort of "nesting" too, but in a more relaxed, healthy way.  Thank the Lord.

Love the name! ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"