Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Headache and Back Spasms

Anyone else get bad headaches after miscarriage?

I miscarried officially on 12/26 (but continue bleeding, occasional cramping, and slight clots and tissue passing)  The past two days I have had horrible headaches in the afternoon.  Today I began having these wonderful lower to mid-back spasms... 

I imagine the headaches have to do with hormone changes and I have a feeling the back pains are a result of stress from all the contractions and cramping that had been going on during the miscarriage on Sunday.

How fun....

Re: Headache and Back Spasms

• I'm so sorry you had to go through this.  I am also having lots of headaches and dizziness today and yesterday, but I think it's all the drugs wearing off from the D&C.  It defn could be hormonal changes too.  I hope the physical part of this heals very soon for you.

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • I have not had the headaches BUT I too have recently noticed the past few days that I am having back spasms and sometimes feels like its pulsing like a head ache in my back.  I didnt think it was related to my MC which I officially passed everything on the 12th and am still going through it almost a month later and now talking about having a Dne fater all this time and all that i have already gone through.  But maybe it is related?  I do hope this is all over for you soon.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Missed M/C discoverd at 10w5d measuring 6w6d on 12/3/10 said goodbye 12/12/10 EDD 6/26/11 "this too shall pass"

DS Born 9/29/2005 via c-section (breech)
    BFP #3 3/7/11 - EDD 11/17/11
    Betas: @14dpo-182 @18dpo-854!! @21dpo-3124!!!
    3-27-11 150 BPM!!!!
    He's a BOY!!!! Kieran Thomas

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imageFallon621:

I have not had the headaches BUT I too have recently noticed the past few days that I am having back spasms and sometimes feels like its pulsing like a head ache in my back.  I didnt think it was related to my MC which I officially passed everything on the 12th and am still going through it almost a month later and now talking about having a Dne fater all this time and all that i have already gone through.  But maybe it is related?  I do hope this is all over for you soon.

DAG! This is EXACTLY how I explained to to DH... It's a pulsing feeling like a pounding headache in my back. And what sucks is that I have had the pounding headache too - this is why I was able to make the correlation!!!  I wonder if it has something to do with uterus shrinking, etc... ???

• Wow I wonder if its related or a total coincidence?!?  I do plan on asking my MW tomorrow when I go in for yet again another appointment.  Hope you feel better soon!
    Missed M/C discoverd at 10w5d measuring 6w6d on 12/3/10 said goodbye 12/12/10 EDD 6/26/11 "this too shall pass"

3-27-11 150 BPM!!!!

• imageFallon621:
    Wow I wonder if its related or a total coincidence?!?  I do plan on asking my MW tomorrow when I go in for yet again another appointment.  Hope you feel better soon!

Let me know what she says. I have to believe it's related.  I've had backaches before (tons of various versions, a lot having to do with larger breasts) but nothing like this EVER... this crazy throbbing is just weird.

• Bad headaches, definitely yes. I am not one to get headaches so I know its due to my MC and d/c. Minor back aches and puffy tummy....when will it go down :( Hope it doesn't get worse. I just want my body to reset and recharge so I can get on the normal scale of life and look ahead for brighter things! Hope you feel better. I sure can't wait till I feel normal again. 
  • imagekimmiekp:

imageFallon621:
    Wow I wonder if its related or a total coincidence?!?  I do plan on asking my MW tomorrow when I go in for yet again another appointment.  Hope you feel better soon!

Let me know what she says. I have to believe it's related.  I've had backaches before (tons of various versions, a lot having to do with larger breasts) but nothing like this EVER... this crazy throbbing is just weird.

ANDDDDD of course I spoke too soon, I started getting a really bad headache last night and now still have it and it will not go away.  Jeezzzz I am weeks into this and random things just keep happening to me I just want my body back!  I have never wished so hard for AF before in my life because that is a sign that everything is going back to normal but unfortunatly im still bleeding from the MC and am having issues with my levels!   Grrrr

3-27-11 150 BPM!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"