Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Suggestions on STAYING AWAKE at work!

I'm 7wks and have been super tired/sleepy even though I have been sleeping a full 8hrs at night if not more. Its especially hard since I work 6 days a week (sometimes 7). 

Any suggestions on how to stay awake??? Tongue Tied

Re: Suggestions on STAYING AWAKE at work!

• Options
    I don't have any suggestions but when you get some will you let me know. I can hardly keep my eyes open. HA! Thank goodness i'm not alone..
  • Options
    im 21 weeks tomorrow and cant even get out of bed!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yeah and i feel hungry all the tiem which seems to make the sleepiness even worse. :/
  • Options

I've read that getting 20min of moderate exercise each day can help pep you up.  I do aerobics for 40min and I can definitely feel the difference on days that I don't do it.  Walking is a good alternative...though it's starting to get chilly in DFW for a walk.  If you can do it later in the day when it is warmest...like 5pm or so it might be bearable on some days.  Or hit the gym for elliptical/treadmill action. 

If you are comfortable with it, you are permitted small amounts of caffeine, but no more than 200mg a day.  Ask your OB if this concerns you though.

I'm 7wks right now, and during the day, I picture myself putting my forehead on my keyboard to catch a few zzzzzzz's.  It's just unbearable some days.  We have a nursing room in our office that has a couch and I've thought about going in to take a quick 30min nap...with my cell phone alarm!

Your post was almost 2 mo's ago so mine may be too late as you are in your 2nd trimester now and hopefully past the "really tired" stage.  If you got any good advice, PLEASE share!  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"